Unable to Build after 3rd-party-libs update

I Recently Updated the 3rd Party libs by running the download-deps.py it was successful but im not able to build android app. Im Using v3.17.1 of Cocos2d-js

The following error pops-up

FAILED: /home/theta/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/clang++  --target=armv7-none-linux-androideabi21 --gcc-toolchain=/home/theta/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64 --sysroot=/home/theta/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/sysroot  -DANDROID -DCOCOS2D_DEBUG=1 -DLWS_WITH_LIBUV -DUSE_FILE32API -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/cocos/editor-support -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/cocos -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/extensions -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/cocos/platform -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/Box2D/include -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/chipmunk/include -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/freetype2/include/android/freetype2 -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/recast/.. -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/bullet/include -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/bullet/include/bullet -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/jpeg/include/android -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/openssl/include/android -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/tiff/include/android -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/uv/include -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/webp/include/android -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/websockets/include/android -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/tinyxml2/. -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/xxhash/. -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/xxtea/. -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/clipper/. -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/edtaa3func/. -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/ConvertUTF/. -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/poly2tri/.. -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/md5/.. -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/curl/include/android -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/png/include/android -I/home/theta/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/sources/android/cpufeatures -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/android-specific/pvmp3dec/include -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/android-specific/pvmp3dec/src -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/android-specific/tremolo/. -isystem ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/zlib/include -I../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/unzip/. -g -DANDROID -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -no-canonical-prefixes -fno-addrsig -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -Wa,--noexecstack -Wformat -Werror=format-security  -frtti -fexceptions -fsigned-char -O0 -fno-limit-debug-info  -fPIC   -std=gnu++11 -MD -MT engine/cocos/core/CMakeFiles/cocos2d.dir/platform/CCFileUtils.cpp.o -MF engine/cocos/core/CMakeFiles/cocos2d.dir/platform/CCFileUtils.cpp.o.d -o engine/cocos/core/CMakeFiles/cocos2d.dir/platform/CCFileUtils.cpp.o -c /home/theta/sq-mobile/frameworks/cocos2d-x/cocos/platform/CCFileUtils.cpp
  /home/theta/sq-mobile/frameworks/cocos2d-x/cocos/platform/CCFileUtils.cpp:733:19: error: no matching function for call to 'unzLocateFile'
          int ret = unzLocateFile(file, filename.c_str(), 1);
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
  ../../../../../../../cocos2d-x/external/unzip/./unzip.h:253:20: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'int' to 'cocos2d::unzFileNameComparer' (aka 'int (*)(void *, const char *, const char *)') for 3rd argument
  extern int ZEXPORT unzLocateFile(unzFile file, const char *filename, unzFileNameComparer filename_compare_func);
                     ^
  1 error generated.
  ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

@slackmoehrle @PatriceJiang @minggo @Zinitter any help regarding this

they have change some files related to the external libs update

the fixed is here

1 Like

Thanks @Zinitter it is also acceptable to re-run download-deps every so often.

i thought we can just update the external library version for some fixed without update cocos2dx engine version.

i struggle for sometime until found the changes on cocos2dx engine.

Well I do. I have a script that updates does weekly and copies them to all my projects that are active. But not past projects.

that’s nice script and may be you can share it to help other people?

i know the 3rd party libs used to able update for some fixed within them without breaking engine as i done last time. may be this time is special.

Yes we should check because I’ve never had new dependencies break the engine