Tmx TileMap doesn't rendered 1.4.2

Hi,

tmx - tilemap is not rendering in Web Browser, but renders in simulator…Also, I tried to test the game via Google Chrome Browser, and whole game doesn’t render… My map tmx size is 960 x 1008 which is not big… and it’s isometric in nature. Any ideas? God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @luke2125,

tmx rendering works fine in my games, even in Web Browsers. Create a separated sample project to localize the problem. Try to reduce the tmx map size, use less layers, use smaller textures, and so on.

Best regards,
Zsolt

Hi @PZsolt27

Thanks for help and suggestions, will try those. :slight_smile: …May I ask what version of Cocos Creator you are using? Maybe I’m wrong, but i think there could be an issue with 1.4.2, like, i open up my other game, and I try to preview in Google Chrome, and get a blank page with the below message:

There’s nothing in scene to preview. Add something to the scene now! :confused:

I’ve tried to open another game, and try to import tmx into tmx renderer component, preview in firefox browser, and still it doesn’t show up…. Very confusing…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @luke2125,

I use Cocos Creator 1.4.2 and up to now it works fine. When you create a new project, do not forget to create a new Scene and save it to avoid that error message. I have no experience with isometric tmx files, but I will try to create some sample file.

Best regards,
Zsolt

Hi @PZsolt27

Yes, i create a new scene, but it’s very strange though. I’m going to wait for the 1.5 release with the physics engine, besides, my first game can’t be release until i finally implement the physics into it…Thanks again for your help, much appreciated it… :grinning: God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @luke2125,

you’re welcome! I’m waiting for the 1.5 release as well, creating an APK file is very circumstantial now.

Best regards,
Zsolt

It seems it’s not possible to use textures larger than 1024x1024. I had to scale my 4096x4096 texture down before the graphics appeared.

Hi @phero_constructs

My map is 960 x 1008 ? :confused:

God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Have you tried an orthogonal map? I’m not sure if Creator supports anything but that.

I created a new topic with some graphics [1.5b2] Tiled map not rendered fully

Could it be that you are having the same problem?

Hi @phero_constructs

Really? My map is isometric though, not ortho…I’m going to try again with ortho and iso in smaller size, even though my original size of 960 x 1008, is not that big…Though, I’m beginning to think, that it could be an issue with my code…But it really seems strange, that the map appears in simulator, but not in browser…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @phero_constructs

Thanks, will take a look at…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday