Support for the Nintendo Switch

But you wrote

So I hoped, it will be coming to Android later…

Oh dude, I had no idea Songbringer was cocos2dx, that’s awesome! Sounds it was successful if you’re getting a port on Switch too, congrats!

2 Likes

Thank you!

It was well documented on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOpeoDNlbwUGUdBzJaCrAD-3W3fccBLD4 by @natweiss - It’s really nice to see growing up this game :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s an extensive devblog, I can’t believe I missed it. Thanks!

Hello,

I just want to keep you informed that we have finally succeed in porting Cocos2D-X to Switch.
As no one has provided a clear and definitive answer about this, I can tell it to you now:
Yes it is possible to port Cocos2d-X to the Switch, we have did it!!!
But keep in mind that it demands some works as several low-level files need to be rework in order to have it running on the Switch.

We are now working on porting our game Yuri to the Switch, it should be available in a few months.

4 Likes

Do you have the source public for that part of the game?

We unfortunately cannot make any code public due to Nintendo’s NDA. Please register as an official Switch developer first, then you will find all the answers you need in the Nintendo forums.

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks You!
Howerver, Can you tell me known this document is useful porting cocos2d-x to nintendo switch?

Thank relpot!
I already registered Nintendo Developer Portal but i cann’t find Switch developer. I just found Wii U & Nintendo 3DS.

He didn’t make the Switch port. He coded it in cocos for desktop and another company did the port :confused:

Thanks you!
I would like to start porting a small game but i don’t see any suggestion! :frowning:

Yeah! Can’t wait to make Nintendo Switch games (as long as I come up with ideas that aren’t stupid).

We are not currently working on Switch support at this time.