Successfully Run Cocos Creator on Linux and released it as docker image

Successfully Run Cocos Creator on Linux and released it as docker image

For now, this will not change. The engineering team is really over-worked and the resources producing a Linux version are to much for them to handle. If this changes I will let everyone know.

1 Like

@sercand Hello. Could you share Cocos Creator v1.9.2 if it possible?

Hi! has anyone tried to port cocos 2.x or provide a different tool to enable Linux builds?

If you let us know what is the electron used by CocosCreator 2.0.x and 2.1.x it could be a good starting point for a new port.

@pablomartinez I have released a docker image 2.0.5-web 4 months ago.

Thanks! cool, I was working in porting the 2.1.0 version, notice that it is still running on electron 1.7.5, I was trying to update the atom/common/asar/archive.cc and atom/browser/net/url_request_asar_job.cc files for the asar decryption, will fight a bit with it, if i don’t success will use one of your images, thanks so much!

Hello @sercand I am working in a docker image for jenkins using the cocos-creator build inside your 2.0.5-web image. When building the hello-world project I am getting following error, related with WEBGL.

Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'getParameter' of null
    at Device._initCaps (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/renderer/render-engine.js:5051:46)
    at new Device (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/renderer/render-engine.js:5009:18)
    at Object.initCanvas (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/renderer/index.js:85:31)
    at Object._initRenderer (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/CCGame.js:362:30)
    at Object._initEngine (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/CCGame.js:108:22)
    at Object._prepareFinished (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/CCGame.js:116:22)
    at Object.prepare (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/CCGame.js:155:26)
    at Object.run (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/engine/bin/.cache/dev/cocos2d/core/CCGame.js:161:22)
    at /opt/cocos-creator/resources/app.asar/editor/page/build/build-worker.js:1:1623
    at fn (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/app.asar/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:746:34)

My docker image extends from jenkinsci/jnlp-slave, and includes the same libraries you are using in 2.0.5-web. It works perfectly with the 1.9.0-web image. Will appreciate any help :slight_smile:

@pablomartinez I guess at this line of build script there is --disable-gpu flag which should not be there.
If you have the same argument please remove it.

Thanks! I also had the --disable-gpu, tried removing it but I am getting the same error plus a GPU Process Crashed! message logged during the project compile process. Seems that there are more people experiencing the same issue with Jenkins on windows https://forum.cocos.com/t/windows-jenkins/65950. I also have tried installing osmesa and firing chromium with the --disable-gpu --use-gl=osmesa params to launch the GPU process without success :frowning:

@sercand I tried your latest docker image today on my Ubuntu machine:

$ docker run -it sercand/cocos-creator:2.0.5-web
===== Initializing Editor =====
arguments: 
  --disable-gpu

[7] Load ~/.CocosCreator/settings.json
[7] checking language setting...
[7] Language: en
[7] Initializing Cocos Creator Dashboard
[7] Loading packages
[7] ui-kit loaded
[7] Watching packages
[7] Run Application
[7] failed to connect login server due to request timeout
{ Error: Command failed: ifconfig || ip link
/bin/sh: 1: ifconfig: not found
/bin/sh: 1: ip: not found

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:217:12)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:194:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:899:16)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (internal/child_process.js:342:11)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:510:12)
  killed: false,
  code: 127,
  signal: null,
  cmd: 'ifconfig || ip link' }
no valid user ID
[7] Error: Window "main" unresponsive: [object Object]
    at BrowserWindow.nativeWin.on.e (/opt/cocos-creator/resources/app.asar/editor-framework/lib/main/window.js:1:2237)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at BrowserWindow.emit (events.js:191:7)
protocol "profile" registered
[7] protocol editor-framework registered
[7] protocol app registered
[7] protocol theme registered
[7] protocol packages registered
[7] protocol unpack registerred
[7] protocol disable-commonjs registerred
Can not read "/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._example-cases/template.json": Error: ENOTDIR: not a directory, open '/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._example-cases/template.json'
Can not read "/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._hello-world/template.json": Error: ENOTDIR: not a directory, open '/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._hello-world/template.json'
Can not read "/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._helloworld-typescript/template.json": Error: ENOTDIR: not a directory, open '/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._helloworld-typescript/template.json'
Can not read "/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._manifest.txt/template.json": Error: ENOTDIR: not a directory, open '/opt/cocos-creator/resources/templates/._manifest.txt/template.json'

and so I want to disable --disable-gpu but the container just sits here forever…any thoughts?

@sercand You mention that you modify a couple .cc files, I was wondering if you had any direction or resource on exactly how you modified them (I wouldn’t complain about seeing a copy of your scripts folder either, I imagine the edits are the same regardless of the Cocos version)
We require certain features available since 2.0.9 and I have been working through the packaging and rebuilding but have hit a handful of snags along the way. Would you be able to better detail the overall steps taken to create this? Appreciate any additional info you could provide :slight_smile: