[solved] Linker Failed trying to build for Android

[solved] Linker Failed trying to build for Android
0.0 0

Whatever I did fixed the issue. I created a new project and pulled over the /jni/ folder and compared the rest of my android.proj folder for differences.

Anyone run into this issue? Both NDK r9d and r10d failed here. Note that I have changed my Application.mk to the following:

APP_STL := c++_static
APP_CPPFLAGS := -std=c++11 -frtti -fexceptions -DCOCOS2D_DEBUG=1 -g -ggdb -O1
APP_ABI := armeabi
APP_OPTIM := debug
APP_PLATFORM := android-10
[armeabi] Compile++ thumb: cocos_ui_static <= UIWebView.cpp
[armeabi] Compile++ thumb: cocos_ui_static <= UIWebViewImpl-android.cpp
In file included from /Users/stevetranby/dev/projects/scgame-x-32/proj.android/../cocos2d/cocos/ui/UIWebViewImpl-android.cpp:31:0:
/Users/stevetranby/android/android-ndk-r10d/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include/string: In member function 'void cocos2d::experimental::ui::WebViewImpl::loadFile(const string&)':
/Users/stevetranby/android/android-ndk-r10d/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include/string:641:35: error: inlining failed in call to always_inline 'static constexpr bool std::__1::char_traits<char>::eq(std::__1::char_traits<char>::char_type, std::__1::char_traits<char>::char_type) throw ()': indirect function call with a yet undetermined callee
     static _LIBCPP_CONSTEXPR bool eq(char_type __c1, char_type __c2) _NOEXCEPT
                                   ^
In file included from /Users/stevetranby/android/android-ndk-r10d/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include/__hash_table:18:0,
                 from /Users/stevetranby/android/android-ndk-r10d/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include/unordered_map:350,
                 from /Users/stevetranby/dev/projects/scgame-x-32/proj.android/../cocos2d/cocos/ui/UIWebViewImpl-android.cpp:29:
/Users/stevetranby/android/android-ndk-r10d/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include/algorithm:1050:13: error: called from here
             if (__pred(*__first1, *__j))
             ^
At global scope:
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-extern-c-compat"
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-extern-c-compat"
make: *** [obj/local/armeabi/objs-debug/cocos_ui_static/UIWebViewImpl-android.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/Users/stevetranby/dev/projects/scgame-x-32/proj.android'
Ndk build failed!

This happens when building with release mode can you help me? What should I do?

Not sure.
Are you on the latest cocos github (or at least 3.15+)?
Are you on the latest NDK? r11+?
I essentially am not sure what I did. It’s possible that the Application.mk flags fixed it, possibly just some commit fixed it.

Do you get the exact error? or just something similar?

Same exact.
I just build with APP_OPTIM := debug and everything worked
when APP_OPTIM was set to release it falied.

What version are you using? That file looks to have changed.

Check UIWebViewImpl-android.cpp and UIWebViewImpl-android.h for inline and/or always_inline. This makes some sense as to why it only occurs when optimizing (release) and gcc apparently is having issues with an “always inline” function not actually being declared as “c++ inline”.

Since the current HEAD version doesn’t have inline I’m guessing you’re using a somewhat older version.

I’ve also since moved on to using clang even for android builds. I’m also using Android Studio and NDK (15.1xxxxx).

Hope this helps you figure it out.

The same type of error is the same it’s not rooted from the same place though.
I have code in my game that causes this error namely error: inlining failed in call to always_inline 'static constexpr bool std::__1::char_traits<char>::eq(std::__1::char_traits<char>::char_type, std::__1::char_traits<char>::char_type) throw ()': indirect function call with a yet undetermined callee static _LIBCPP_CONSTEXPR bool eq(char_type __c1, char_type __c2) _NOEXCEPT ^

Is there more to the error output?
It’s only showing the std library trace (gives no context).

Maybe it’s resolving a different function, maybe you have an #define eq( macro in your code?

In the end this is really more a debugging question, less a cocos2d one. Unless of course you can trace it to specific cocos2d library code.

I commented out the code that was producing the error and then the same type of error came up from the cocos2d-x file?
Whatever I just build using APP_OPTIM := debug and it works the same.

Well good luck. If you want to share the entire error stream I’ll take one more guess.

I use APP_STL := gnustl_static, then build success