Smart Ludo Multiplayer - 3D Dice

Hello,
Our new game is just released on App store & Play store.
Using cocos2d-x 3.14.1 & C++.
Download now:
Android: Download in Play store
iOS: Download in App store

Game Features:

• Real 3D dice
  • One tap Multiplayer (up to 4 players)
  • Play with friends over the internet (up to 4 friends & cross-platform)
  • Play against random opponent (cross-platform)
  • 3D Dice changing color according to color of actual player on turn

Gameplay rules:

The game is played between 2 to 4 players and you have the option of playing the game against the friends, against your computer, or even against players from around the world. The objective of the game is pretty straightforward; each player gets 4 tokens, these tokens must make a full turn of the board and then make it to the finish line.

To enter a token into play from its staging area to its starting square, a player must roll a 6. If the player has no tokens yet in play and does not roll a 6, the turn passes to the next player. Once a player has one or more tokens in play, he selects a token and moves it forward along the track the number of squares indicated by the die roll. Players must always move a token according to the die value rolled, and if no move is possible, pass their turn to the next player.

When a player rolls a 6 he may choose to advance a token already in play, or alternatively, he may enter another staged token to its starting square. The rolling of a 6 earns the player an additional (“bonus”) roll in that turn. If the additional roll results in a 6 again, the player earns an additional bonus roll.

Whoever gets all four tokens to the end first is the winner. However, each move can only be made based on the number decided by casting a six-sided die, and each token can only move out of their home by casting a six. Additionally, the competition factor of the games is upped by the fact that while moving if another player’s token lands on the same square as your token, then your token will automatically be sent back home and you’ll need to roll a six again.

Gameplay video:

2 Likes

Our new update is live now.
New features,

• Completely new graphics
  • Bluetooth mode added
  • Smooth gameplay

Video:

2 Likes

Looks very fluid and realistic!

1 Like

Nice!

What do you use for Online multiplayer?
What do you use for Bluetooth multiplayer?

Our own backend code, written in Node.js
We initially tried using readymade frameworks but they all are bad when you want good output.
so we made our own code.

Its written in native side and made wrapper to deal with c++

May I ask you which frameworks did you try?

We are developing/enhancing our framework from last 2.5 year now.
Before that we had tried almost 1.5 year to use AppWarp & Photon but we were not able to make production ready game.
I think Gamespark was not there at that time or not on top list or not supports Cocos2d-x.
May i know what you are looking for?

This is so nice.

Can you tell us about the development process of your game. Your decisions, etc…

Well as i said we want to start with multiplayer games and tried couple of frameworks but its very complex to make production ready game out of it.
You have to keep in your mind all the scenarios like in middle of game if any interrupt comes like call or user went out of game for 30 sec (for Whatsapp, etc) and came back then game should work properly, this kind of scenarios is very hard to achieve or almost not possible without server side coding.
So we realized this all and started working on own backend code.
Regarding this game, Our main reason to develop this game is 3D Dice and achieve same thing in multiplayer.

Thank you for answers.

Just interesting what have you tried.
I will use Nakama server.

Cool, i will check that as well.