SDKBOX gui 1.0.1 release

We’ve been working on SDKBOX gui app, to help developers to manage their projects with SDKBOX.

Now the windows version is online as well

Mac
http://download.sdkbox.com/gui/sdkbox-gui-1.0.1.dmg

Windows
http://download.sdkbox.com/gui/sdkbox-gui-1.0.1.exe

Please send us feedbacks and suggestions.

PS: We’re also working on the plugin for CocosCreator

3 Likes

I believe that creating this GUI is a really good move.

I’ve few suggestions:

1) In this screen, instead of listing them alphabetical order, can we please have them category wise also… Eg-> SDK Essentials, Analytics, etc… (just like cocos itself labels it. http://www.cocos2d-x.org/sdkbox)
Otherwise, it seems an infinite list.

2)
In this window, I couldn’t find “Social Sharing”

Share”?? Is it the same
Which is present here

3) Vungle isn’t present. Can you please tell us, why SDKBox is not supporting Vungle from latest version onwards?

4) What’s the difference between “googleplayservices” and “gpg”.

At the link, http://www.cocos2d-x.org/sdkbox Google Play Services is mentioned but in actual it opens Google Play Game Services link.

@slackmoehrle Can u also plz check if both are same or different since website says it’s one but plugin list have two.

5) Can we plz have progress of downloading on this screen

I picked 6-7 plugins to import. For the 1st 2 times on trying to install, it said “Timeout” for all
So, I had to press “Close”. And reselect all plugins again and this 3rd time, it kind of stucj as shown in the above screenshot for 2 min.

6) And looks like Cross button is jammed while still saying “downloading the plugin”. And after 1-2 min, I pressed crossed button again and it said me. So, I guess, showing “download progress” will help.

It downloaded 2 plugins out of 6-7 which I selected (obviously bcoz I crossed it as I thought it was stuck).

Apparently, the cross button jams if the downloading process is still going on.

Much needed tool otherwise…
Although, I can keep typing commands for different plugins in console but GUI always simplifies the work and help to concentrate more on creating game rather than spending too much time on setting up for the game.

Also, could you please add a little guide(may be link) for “What happened and What to do next” after the process of downloading plugins importing through GUI is done.

Apparently, downloading “inmobi” plugin has failed multiple times.
It shows me “Time Out msg” within couple of seconds after starting the process.
It’s the 4th time, I am selecting “inMobi” plugin (first 2 times was in group with other plguins). Consequently, I tried to run the process only for inMobi plugin and it succeeded even 2nd time after that… Looks like, it doesn’t find the servers properly.

And the success looks something like:

Same thing happened with facebook plugin.
Sadly, they both show up in here and I’ve no idea which of these ones are properly installed and which ones not.

So, please also give us option to REMOVE a plugin. It might help if we want to fresh install a plugin or REMOVE later if we don’t to continue using it.

Cool, will try it:)

Hey @nite
Plz see the feedback above.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, I already incorporated some into the next release.

@nite
Vungle isn’t present. I’ve never integrated it but I’ve heard that’s it pretty good plugin and even for reward videos. Can you please tell us, why SDKBox is not supporting Vungle from latest version onwards?

Also, plz give us functionality to remove plugin because in some cases, the plugin installed is not installed properly. It’ll help us to remove it and freshly install.

Vungle stopped working with us, so we dropped support for it.

Removing a plugin is really hard to done right, We want to use our time and resource to create more useful plugins instead. I think the best option for removing a plugin is to use a version control system like git which you can easily undo the change safely.

This may be the part of strategy which developers might change depending upon version. I mean, at certain point of time, I might think that google analytics aren’t working well, so why not I try for Flurry analytics. This is highly likely.

Plus, I wanted to say that as per my screen shots, some plugin successfully got installed, some failed but some of them showed message “Installed with few errors”. And I’ve no clue that what will break. Are you saying that it’s safest to use SDK GUI only when everything succeeds? Or else, it’s better to installed plugin 1 by 1 and test them asap 1 by 1. Then why not doing it manually?
@nite These are the things I felt while I tried using the GUI. I am not a huge fan of typing commands when GUI is there bcoz that is why we’re living in 2016! But GUI should give correct results or else give manual/auto rollback option is what I felt

Yes, I use version control system. But that’s the same thing as I told above. Are you asking me to installing those plugins, which has alternatives, 1 by 1, in each branch?

Vungle not working with SDK doesn’t imply that they’ve stopped exposing APIs. I mean, I can go to their website and if I am technically capable then I can integrate it manually… So, I was wondering where is Vungle’s working with SDKBOX is needed unless that’s a requirement under SDKBOX’s business plan.

1.0.1 just released with windows support.

Mac
http://download.sdkbox.com/gui/sdkbox-gui-1.0.1.dmg link is broken.

Do you have any other link?

1 Like

we will provide another link ASAP.