SDKBOX causes Multiple Rejections from Apple team due to IDFA?

I have been facing multiple rejections from the apple team due to IDFA. I had previously used google firebase alongside SDKBOX IAP. But since I got this issue I have removed firebase.

I’m trying to release the app in the kid’s category @yinjimmy, @slackmoehrle, @htlxyz

The only third party that I’m currently using is SDKBOX for IAP.
Does SDKBOX IAP take any IDFA? If yes how can I stop that process? @yinjimmy, @slackmoehrle, @htlxyz

I’m currently using SDKBOX version 1.4.0.1

In order to check for Advertising Identifier, I had followed the following steps:
$ grep -lr “advertisingIdentifier” * | grep -v .svn | grep -v .md

And it returned the following

sdkbox.framework/Versions/A/sdkbox
sdkbox.framework/Versions/Current/sdkbox
sdkbox.framework/sdkbox

you can use setGDPR(true); to disable IDFA.

http://docs.sdkbox.com/en/release-note/#2505-20190920

1 Like

I have inserted the code before sdkbox::IAP::init(); in AppDelegate as well as the page where we use IAP as given below

sdkbox::IAP::setGDPR(true);

I’m getting the following issue from the apple team

Guideline 1.3 - Safety - Kids Category

We noticed that your Kids Category app includes the following feature(s), contrary to guideline 1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines:

Third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit, or share identifiable information, including, for example, IDFA.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove this functionality from the app.

Currently, I’m using sdkbox CLI tool version(staging) 1.4.0.1 @yinjimmy, @slackmoehrle, @htlxyz

Why are you so far behind in versions? Perhaps you should upgrade SDKBOX to a newer version? @yinjimmy what do you think?

CLI Shows latest version @slackmoehrle

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 5.39.40 PM

Thanks. I looked at this http://docs.sdkbox.com/en/release-note/#2505-20190920 and really far down is a 1.4.1 Version.

@slackmoehrle I think they are having the latest version check under the line of copyright. It says 2.7.1.0

I see that in the picture now. It wasn’t obvious without a picture or output from a command-line as we have v1.4.1 as a version from the past too.

Am i having the old version. When i try to update it says all packages are upto date. Is their any solution for solving this issue? @slackmoehrle, @yinjimmy

Are apple checking for advertising Identifier files?

after using the code sdkbox::IAP::setGDPR(true);

when I have checked for advertising Identifier using

grep -lr “advertisingIdentifier” * | grep -v .svn | grep -v .md

the sdkbox frameworks came up in the result

@akhilmohan have you got a solution? @slackmoehrle and @yinjimmy why is the app getting rejected even after he used sdkbox::IAP::setGDPR(true);

are you link AdSupport.framework in your project?

No @htlxyz, @slackmoehrle, @yinjimmy

We are not using AdSupport.framework.

When we tried and search for where it was being used in the cmd using the following
grep -lr “advertisingIdentifier” * | grep -v .svn | grep -v .md

In the output, we got 3 result

sdkbox.framework/sdkbox

After seeing it we used the following code in AppDelegate as well as where we had triggered the IAP(Used the code before the initialization of IAP)

sdkbox::IAP::setGDPR(true)

And still, I’m getting this error and the app getting rejected.

Am I missing anything here?
Do I need to remove any files?
Any particular library files?

@yinjimmy I’m also getting my app rejected could you please help us @slackmoehrle

when I check for AdSupport.framework using the following lines of codes

grep -v .svn | grep "\.a" | grep -v "\.app" | xargs grep advertisingIdentifier
find . -type f | grep "\.a" | grep -v "\.app" | xargs grep advertisingIdentifier
grep -lr "advertisingIdentifier" * | grep -v .svn | grep -v .md

I got the following result after running the 3rd line of the above code

sdkbox.framework/sdkbox.

@yinjimmy I have used the code you have mentioned above

sdkbox::IAP::setGDPR(true);

I have called it before the ‘init’ function.

@yinjimmy @akhilmohan @slackmoehrle @htlxyz

I’m reaching out to @yinjimmy for guidance. I am not involved with the technical underpinnings of SDKBOX.

The SDKBox.framework use AdSupport to collect IDFA. Such as:

We do not collect GDPR special categories of personal information. Only IDFA or Android Advertising ID and other non personal identifiable device information will be collected and processed in order to enhance the products, and to provide Ads optimization for third party partners based on behavioral targeting (for example: ads for games which are likely played by users);
http://www.sdkbox.com/privacy.

If app want to completely remove adsupport, SDKBox need to recompile a version without adsuport.

Is there any workaround to solve this issue as the apple team is very adamant with Guideline 1.3 - Safety - Kids Category when it comes to releasing the app.

This is what the apple team is saying

Guideline 1.3 - Safety - Kids Category
We noticed that your Kids Category app includes the following feature(s), contrary to guideline 1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines:
Third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit, or share identifiable information, including, for example, IDFA.
Next Steps
To resolve this issue, please remove this functionality from the app.

developer.apple.comdeveloper.apple.com

App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The App Store Review Guidelines provide guidance and examples across a range of development topics, including user interface design, functionality, content, and the use of specific technologies. These guidelines are designed to help you prepare your Apps for the approval process.

And also will SDKBOX come with a new version where we won’t get the IDAP any soon? @yinjimmy, @slackmoehrle, @htlxyz

@yinjimmy @slackmoehrle can we expect an update from SDKBOX soon? The apple team is not letting us release any apps with SDKBOX for the kids category.

plz pm @htlxyz, he will help to build a sdkboxcore version without adsupport.

Thanks,

@akhilmohan @abdulkarimzdl

have a try.

sdkbox.framework.zip (2.9 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks, @htlxyz, @yinjimmy, @slackmoehrle

This is great! The IAP is working well and when I checked for advertising identifiers I didn’t find any values return. Before submitting to the apple store do I have to set

Code sdkbox::IAP::setGDPR( true ); @htlxyz, @yinjimmy

Can we use this for Android also?