Random Editor Bugs in Version 2.2.0

I’ve been working in Cocos Creator v2.2.0 all day yesterday and today. Yesterday, everything was going fine, but today I’ve had this editor go into a bug three times. The third time right now. It’s half responding and half not responding. Editing scripts the editor no longer automatically updates (trying to shut it down now to restart and get back to work) – and saving or quitting doesn’t seem to be responding. I will have to force shut it down and hope I didn’t lose any work.

The time before this the Timeline completely bugged out. I could no longer stop after playing the preview, and I couldn’t scrub the timeline at all. This made it so I had to restart the editor because I could no longer edit anything for the animation.

The time before that the Scene window completely died and I got a WebGL error message that kept writing in my editor console window.

I didn’t know where else to report these issues so I’m just writing a quick topic.

Thanks

1 Like

I had a couple of hiccups today. They were both the same issue. The editor just stopped trying to compile scripts even though there was no error. The database looking icon, or compiler icon, on the bottom left of the editor would also stay highlighted. You can’t save, but it seems like you can still do things in the editor. I haven’t tried to continue using the editor when this happens so I’m not sure what would happen if I did.

Anyways, I just wanted to report this, and it’s not really a big deal to be honest. You can’t close the editor so I force close it and just started it back up.

The editor WebGL error came up again while editing a Prefab. This time I had copied the error output, but this is slightly different from the first time it happened to me:

TypeError: Failed to execute 'shaderSource' on 'WebGLRenderingContext': parameter 1 is not of type 'WebGLShader'.
1 Like