Hi everybody! We’re looking for a Cocos2d-x Engine Developer who will work with us on our pure 2D C++, performance and feature-oriented Cocos2d-x engine fork. We’ve recently release the Beta of Tower Duel which uses the engine ([Game] Tower Duel - Realtime competitive Tower Defense - Download Beta)
About Forest Ring Games
We develop mobile games with strong focus on competitive play, appealing to both casual and core players. Our players engage and enrage, learn from their mistakes and thirst for revenge. We push for strategic depth, wrapped in a deceptive package of simplicity. Players should tell stories of their time with our games, their minds should be blown away by the new and unique concepts and our fellow developers should gnash their teeth. This is where you of open mind and bold ideas come in. Don’t be shy, join the circus and blow up the world in a fun, light-hearted work atmosphere with an awesome team.
- Enhance the existing Cocos2d-x fork to be a modern C++ game engine
- Improve the general and renderer performance
- Create a new physics enabled 2D particle system
- Enhanced Text Rendering with Signed Distance Field fonts, glows and outlines (basic implementation available)
- Optimize the Cocos2d-x Spine Runtime and share the results with Esoteric Software
- Analyze and re-think the current memory management
- Long Term Goal - Full-fledged multithreading throughout the whole engine
- Very good knowledge of modern C++ programming
- Very good knowledge of Code Architecture
- Experienced with Cocos2d-x and its architecture
- Proficient with OpenGL ES 2.0 and 3.0, ideally also Metal and Vulkan
- Proficiency in English language (additional languages are a plus)
- Beat a team member in a match of Tower Duel
Why YOU will love it here
- A versatile and agile team - you will interact with graphic artists, sound designers, marketers and game developers from 7 different cities and 3 countries (Germany, USA, Latvia).
- We provide you ownership and responsibility without any bureaucratic hassle so you can focus on growing your talents and make a difference in our games.
- You want to work on a remote Island? – That’s cool with us. We built our first game almost completely remote. Alternatively, you can work in our Office in Würzburg, Germany.
- You join this highly ambitious project in the middle of the official product launch – high learning curve and unique career opportunities.
Please send your application to email@example.com