Node with mesh collider disappearing on colllsion

Hello guys, I raised this issue a few months back with old version of cocos, here it is,

Currently I am using latest 3.4 version of cocos creator. You can download asset package of my scene here. disappearingbug.zip - Google Drive

The physics body of mesh collider disappearing on collision. Hope you guys will be able to reproduce it this time. I forgot to mention one thing, I am using Mac with apple silicon. My gut is telling me this issue is occurring more frequently on Mac machines. I could be wrong.

Regards

Thanks for the detailed repo steps and the project! You are setting up a really good example of how to report an issue. We will take a look and try to reproduce the issue locally, will get back to you then.

2 Likes

Sure, thanks for responding. :slight_smile:

Hello Andy,

Any update on this one? Thanks.

Sorry for late reply, I think the torus is not a convex structure, Bullet has limited support for this, so it is recommended to check the Convex option on the MeshCollider.
Or maybe use PhysX backend instead.

1 Like

Perfect. I have a need to use concave mesh collider so I switched physics engine to physX and its working as expected. thanks a lot.

Hello There,
getting the following error while collision happening between torus and cube.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.