Need help with physics joints

How to attach to bodies together so objects are like bolted. I tried PhysicsJointLimit and Distance but those give rope like feeling. Objects move apart or hang around by line when using PhysicsJointDistance. PhysicsJointPin should do it by the name but no, objects still move apart from each other. PhysicsJointFixed, what is the anchor and how this should work?

This image shows what I want. Blue box is main body, red body is attached to it. When force is applied to red body, it ofcourse affects to blue what is wanted.

physicsjoint

Other example could be airplane and its engine. When force is applied to engine, it moves plane.

How to make stiff/hard joints what does not work nor look like ropes?

You’re sure you want to use a joint and not just a body with two shapes in it?

Is possible to apply force to certain shape?

There are a few working examples in cpp-tests

I think you can also apply force to a specific point inside a body. I think there’s an “offset” parameter for that purpose. You could use that to apply force to where the smaller shape is positioned.

Yes, did notice that but I wanted to use other physicsbodies. For now I’m using “offset”, documentation does not say why even pins are elastic or why rotation cannot be disabled for joints.

Did you look in cpp-tests?