Native performance

can anyone tell me wich cocos creator version is optimization for low android device.??

Depending on your game logic, you should decide which one to use.
eg: would you need 3d object in your game? need newer/older spine engine? socket.io? etc. etc.

If you don’t have specific requirements, just go with the latest version.
for 2D is 2.0.X, for 3D is 2.1.x.

I tested really a lot of GameEngines ! Especially for Low-End devices and how the engines performs on it. You can test it best on low-end. On a high end, you wouldn´t recognize any difference, even btween a unreal-build :wink:

For a quite a time i am on CC 2.11 and i like it. Because:

• small APKs (raw ~ 6mb)
  • native builds through JS conversation to C++ (so not a wrapper like on other html5 engines)
  • very performant on low-end Androids
  • 3D nodes / objects are running even smoother than 2D Sprites
  • timeline (a big savior, also timesavior)
  • JS / TS. I prefer JS. Really easy to catch up

Sure, you got even more performant engines out there. And so on, but i would say the benefit of CC is the component based Editor ! this is a really big plus to develop games fast and invest the saved time into optimzation and other things.

1 Like

Here is also a small Demo of the 3D-capabilities:
http://2youyou2.com/TheAviator/ (Html5)

If you got time, test it. I allready done it. It runs fine on old smartphones. Even on a iphone 4, it runs super smooth.The html5 build is about 2mb, i think. Compared with other engines it is really small. As i remeber Godot html5 RAW-output takes about 15mb !

Side note: if you put your mouse on upper left/right corner, then balls would never catch up,

Ah ok. Didn´t tried it out. Nice to know :grinning:.Thx.