My latest game coming soon

Using out of the box cocos2d-x 3.17

Thanks!

2 Likes

That art is nice!

Amazing work. Default cocos2dx physics or box2d? Because I am unable to set it up correctly.

Looking great!

Thanks! As for physics I reverted the box2d shipped with 3.17 to the previous version to mitigate risks since I developed on the previous 3.16 box2d.

@tink3r_t the box2d shipped with 3.17 worked out of the box with just small config on iOS and Android worked fine. Someone on this forum pointed out the solution.

Thanks!

1 Like

As far as I know the cocos2dx is shipped with chipmunk not with box2d physics engine. Correct?

No it shipped with Box2d also. You can find it in /cocos2d/external/Box2d/

ok thanks I will check that out.

Is their any way to find out what physics engine the cocos2dx is currently using… Because after changing from chipmunk to box2d… I see no difference. And I am thinking that maybe changing preprocessor Macros to this has no effect…

COCOS2D_DEBUG=1 USE_FILE32API CC_ENABLE_CHIPMUNK_INTEGRATION=0 CC_ENABLE_BOX2D_INTEGRATION=1

Not sure, we don’t use the PhysicsBody provided by cocos2d-x. We use Box2d directly.

Our Physics implementation is based upon Chipmunk. The API is almost exactly drop in, IIRC. I had talked with previous physics developers whom told me this.

I like it a lot! I love the dog! :slight_smile:

@dogwalker Thanks! She pass way due to cancer last December when I started to make this game :frowning: So I decided to add her to be part of the game :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry. :frowning:

BTW, I love that you included her. I love every dog I’ve ever had, and miss each terribly.

Take care, and good luck.

1 Like

I love the pixel art!
It deserves a better UI though.

Thanks!
@stnguyenvn You mean the brake, hop and pedal?

yeah, also the top HUD