My first game published with cocos2dx and feedback

After 3 months of work my first game with cocos2dx is finally complete. Here is the link of my published game.

Color UP

Kindly review/give feedback if you have some time to spare.

Now my experience with engine. Before this I have been using Unity for a year. There was no big problem or issue with it but I wanted to learn game development with cpp.

First Issue when I started with cocos2dx was regarding physics. I was confused a lot by scene functions “createWithPhysics()” ,“create()”, “init()” and “initwithphysics()”. Next there is no tutorial of how the units of physics actually are? (Like in unity its meters, kilograms). But I figured out eventually.

Second, I have programmed in cpp but it was pre c11. So I got introduced to cpp lambdas and autos. And now I am never going back to c# now.

Thirdly, I can say that everything you need is nearly there. There are lot of things not covered by getting started guide but there is not a single function I didn’t find in engine and also the people in the community helped a lot throughout the development . Thank you all of you.

Forth, SDK box is really a blessing. One thing for noobs like me is to import separate add network libraries to make sdk box adds plugin work.

In short. Cocos2dx improved my programming a lot and I also got to know how the game engine actually works. Moreover I am really happy with app performance and app size (I don’t think I could achieve those on unity). Thank you for such an amazing engine and I can’t wait to start my next game with it.

Feel free to ask me if you want to know how I implemented any feature in my game.

5 Likes

Congrats!

Also, thank you for your feedback on the engine and the docs. If you have topics in the docs that you feel we need to cover, create a GitHub issue for me. Also, if you have any sample code or thoughts, please also add them there. I can work faster with a jumping off point.

I tested your game. You did a great job and the best thing which I liked is the finish quality which you gave to the game.
Best of luck for the next project

1 Like

Thank you, you made my day. Although at the end I was burned up and finished it a little quickly.

It’s a nice blend between Rise Up and Color Switch.
I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like