Missing Colour picker from tests

Hey Cocos, I don’t see CCControlColourPicker anymore in the tests, is it still supported? I am looking at 3.17. It used to be there.

Interesting. I’ll see what I can figure out and then see how far back it used to work. I’ll do it in my morning.

Can you please also look into below controls. They also have missing tests.

#include “CCControlButton.h”
#include “CCControlColourPicker.h”
#include “CCControlPotentiometer.h”
#include “CCControlSlider.h”
#include “CCControlStepper.h”
#include “CCControlSwitch.h”

Thank you!

sure thing @vkreal2

1 Like

I see them in 3.14.1

It’s likely that the Control’s code still exists, but CocoStudio support (of which this is a component) no longer exists and was somewhat removed prob. in 3.17 or at least obviously sometime after 3.14.1 … I do think the code and resources are still in the most recent version, but I could be wrong on that.

Pretty much anything that only exists in older versions can be ported by-hand to the latest, but as always YMMV.

It doesn’t exist in 3.16 tests…trying 3.15 next

and…it isn’t there in 3.15 either

This feels like Cocos Studio deprecation related.

Yeah, I just checked 3.17.2 and the Component itself still exists.
(its code and it’s spritesheet / resources)

/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlColourPicker.h
/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlColourPicker.cpp
/tests/cpp-tests/Resources/extensions/CCControlColourPickerSpriteSheet.plist
/tests/cpp-tests/Resources/extensions/CCControlColourPickerSpriteSheet.png

Basically just the Test has been removed, which is undoubtedly because it was deprecated in 3.15 and is now “removed” from the engine.

It should be good enough if you’re learning to read the source, and if you’re more experienced then you can just re-create the same functionality porting the code and fixing/adding anything that doesn’t work with the latest engine.

To be clear from reading the above comments these controls are no longer supported. Correct? Thanks for looking into it everyone!

I actually think the controls should still work ok. I can’t think of anything that would prevent them from working. You may need to copy a few classes from 3.14 to 3.17.x but… if I have time to try it I will.

@slackmoehrle sounds good. I will give it a try!