Migrating resources?

@slackmoehrle, can you point me to a post where there’s a good explanation for changing how I use resources on Windows (and maybe Mac, not sure) from the older 3.17 to the newer approach, and what I need to do. For example, do I move all my subfolders that are currently under Resources?

thanks again!

Newer approach? Can I ask for some clarification here?

I’m sorry, I had read something about the placement of Windows resources files starting in 3.17.2 (or maybe even 3.17.1). I’ll try to find it. Thanks!

Maybe?

Thanks, I’ll look this weekend. I have a lot to do to prepare for next year’s version, and I think I’d like to first move to cocos2dx v4, if you think it’s ready.

How many of your players are using a device that doesn’t support metal? That’s the first question you should think about.

Second question. Do I need to switch right now. Would it be better to focus on game play for the next season.

That’s a great point. If there’s no compelling reason to move, I’d like to focus on features. I no longer support Android for the near future, but I do support iPhone/iPad, Windows, and Mac. Would those be affected if I stay with my mix of 3.17.1 and some 3.17.2 that I did?

thanks again!