Migrating from cocos creator 2.1.0 to 2.1.2

hi,
I had a working project in cocos creator version 2.1.0 but when I updated my creator to version 2.1.2 the game runs in the simulator but not on my android device. I updated my android studio gradle version and synced the project before building it.
can someone please tell what the problem could be?
NOTE: where can I find a list of APIs that were updated in cocos creator 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 so that I can update my code? maybe that is where the problem is.(I already changed sys.getNetworkType too cc.sys.getNetworkType but there may be other instances too…)
thanks!

Is there anything in the console

@slackmoehrle,
In the console there are a couple of notes that some deprecated apis are being used or overridden.
In the end, however, it says native compiled successfully and builds an apk.
When I install and run the apk on my device I get a blank screen.

Can you preview it on Web? Check messages in console log there. A lot easier to debug there. Otherwise, connect yr ph to pc and logcat.

I’m on 2.1 and wanted to upgrade to 2.1.2. But my project is complicated with hot update and its already released etc. Although I wanted to be on the latest engine, I’m holding my horses and will wait for 2.2.

after updating android studio, Gradle and Gradle plugin it started running fine on my android device.

thanks for the help.

1 Like