Make Cocos Studio open source

I know, I’ve asked this before, but maybe something changed or you could reconsider your decision.

As we all know Cocos Studio is EOL’d and it’s closed source, so if something goes wrong and it stops working, we’re all screwed (“we” as developers who use it). It’s already going wrong as you have to block hosts in /etc/hosts or Cocos Studio will freeze. Also, installing other .NET based apps like Unity will also break Cocos Studio. I guess it’s because Cocos Studio cannot work with newer versions of some libraries. In the next Mac OS release we can expect dropping support for 32-bit apps, which will also kill Cocos Studio. Of course you may not update Mac OS, but it’s only matter of time when you’d be forced to do so by being unable to update Xcode.

I know it’s EOL’d and you don’t have people to even fix the bugs, but you may consider sharing Cocos Studio code - it’ll be great for the community. I’m sure that a lot of devs will help keeping it alive (fixing bugs, 64 bits etc).

PLEASE MAKE COCOS STUDIO OPEN SOURCE.

Quick note about Cocos Creator: I know you can use Creator for c++ projects, but it’s tons of work, when you have something like 50+ games to port. Just because the editor cannot work, because OS changes etc.

There is a lot written about this already. We won’t be doing this.