LINK:fatal error LNK1201:error writing to program database E:MyGme\proj.win32\Debug.win32\MyGame.pdb; check for insufficient disk space,in valid path,or insufficient privilege

I hava a big project write in vs2010 and the cocos2d-x version is 2.1。
now I want to use the cocos2d-x 3.0 ,so I update my project.

I install the vs2012 and create a new project with cocos2d-x 3.0.
when I move my code to the new project, the problem comes , like this.

LINK:fatal error LNK1201:error writing to program database E:MyGme\proj.win32\Debug.win32\MyGame.pdb; check for insufficient disk space,in valid path,or insufficient privilege

then I reduce some code ,it is ok. And I add some code to the new project ,the problem comes again.
can some help me?

I can make sure my code is no problem ,and I clean the project ,delete debug.win32 file,restart the computer.those cannot work.

I guess this problem is about with cocos2d-x 3.0。
when I create a class ,it is ok.
but when the class subclass the Layer,it is error.
it is too strenge…

Hi , I Have the same problem. LNK1201 . My project has many classes then I had to delete some classes to work, but I dont know why is the problem I use visual studio 2013 with cocos2d-x 3.0. Please if you found the solution u should share :S

I encountered to the similar issue. According to this LNK1201 Visual C++ 2010 Large project failing to generate PDB - Stack Overflow it seems that there is limit for Visual Studio PDB debug files size. It is important to consider, especially if cocos2d is linked statically with you project.
For some reason I caught the error when my PDB became a little more then 400 MB.

As workaround you can change PDB format like this:

in the project properties.
I did this for cocos2d lib and my exe, and the size of result PDB was reduced four times.

1 Like