Issues upgrading from v2.X to 3.17

I feel woefully behind the times with everything that has been happening with cocos2d-x since my last release nearly 3 years ago. It’s also been a while since I’ve coded anything, and unfortunately code writing is NOT like riding a bike. I’m basically relearning everything.

That being said, I’ve decided to use 3.17 since this will be an android only app. I’ve successfully gotten cocos2d to interface with Android Studio and was able to run the HelloWorld example. When I pulled my old v2.X code in, I’m running into some issues I’m not sure how to solve:

For in my CCSlider code (or anything that needs to respond to touch:

/*!
 \file CCSlider.h
 \brief simple implementation of slider for cocos2d-x
 */

#ifndef __CCSLIDER_H__
#define __CCSLIDER_H__

#include "cocos2d.h"

USING_NS_CC;

namespace cocos2dExt
{

//! NOTE: now CCSlider is just a simple node with touch handler
    class CCSlider : public CCNode, public CCTouchDelegate

CCTouchDelegate cannot be resolved? I’ve also tried CCTargetedTouchDelegate as well, but the app continues to bomb on this line.

Same goes for CCEditBox…

#ifndef __CCEDITTEXT_H__
#define __CCEDITTEXT_H__

#include "cocos2d.h"
#include "ExtensionMacros.h"
#include "../CCControlExtension/CCControlExtensions.h"

NS_CC_EXT_BEGIN

class CCEditBox
: public CCControlButton  //  Fails on unable to resolve error.
, public CCIMEDelegate

CCControlButton.h and .cpp are definely in my source code database, but Android Studio can’t resolve this either. Is there fundamentally something I’m misunderstanding about how v3.17 works compared to v2.X?

In v2 you may have our touch events on layers and then when you touched something you had to decide what was touched somehow. In v3 everything can have its own events.

Also classes are renamed to remove the CC technically. Also some classes could be prefixed with UI.

These changes are at least 5 years old.
Check out the v3.0 release notes for a better understanding.