Issue Tracker for Cocos Creator?

It was convenient that bug was raised and handled at git for cocos2dx, we dev can keep track of the issue raised and perhaps contribute a pull request fix if possible.

This wasn’t available in Cocos Creator case since the tool is a combination of cocos2dx-lite (open source) and the electron editor (closed source). Sure some bugs still can be raised at the cocos2dx-lite repo but sometimes is tough to narrow down the exact cause of the issue.

Is there an existing platform to do all these for Cocos Creator?

1 Like

@slackmoehrle @zhangxm

Not really. Just let us know about bugs here. The team reads posts and I also pass along bugs and feedback.

Is hard to know if someone had already reported a particular issue. Especially with the English/Chinese Forum segregation.

Not to mention that using this delegate strategy only will work you out sooner or later.

I feel you. But this is what we have.

Maybe a trello board for it?

@walzer Any idea to address this gap? Also the segregation of Chiness/English Forum community.

For creator’s issue tracker. Creator is not an open source project, it’s repo on GitHub is a private one. It’s a pity that Github doesn’t have a feature that “the source code is close but the issue tracker is open”. I think I can send an email to GitHub guys this feature request.

For the Chinese/English forum segmentation, oops, I have no good solution so far. At the very beginning of cocos2d-x, I insist that we should “only have English forum”. This attitude/strategy was strongly criticized by Chukong CEO + COO + investors. After all, Chukong is a Chinese company although it has the ambition to be a global one. I think it’s ok to maintain both Chinese and English forums. Assume that we’re a Japanese company, we would probably maintain and Japanese forum and an English forum.

I can understand the difficulties. I guess at the very least the websites are standardised? It would really help us (especially new comers) during resource hunting. Ain’t it pretty inefficient to have two completely different webpage to be maintained?

Well, you get my pain spot. There’re 2 websites.

• For Chinese: cocos.com
  • For Global: cocos2d-x.org
    Most of their contents are similar: blogs, download, product introductions, docs, API references, and forums.

I’m having the headache to merge these 2 websites. I still have no idea on it. Could you give me some suggestions?

Hi @walzer

In my opinion, the way to go, is with a good / reliable open source CMS like Drupal or Joomla, right now, both sites have lots of content, especially in Chinese side of it, but there’s no quality controll and a redo of the whole site or others call it a facelift, and the branding of course, will you keep the cocos2dx or cocos branding? You could have subsequent languages like english, spanish under the cocos umbrella, or vice versa like you do now, the thing is, both sites cocos and cocos2dx are different in appearance ( ex: menus, front page, etc… ). If you take a look at Unity as en example, the workflow of the appearance of the site doesn’t change, when you choose a different language, just the actual content language changes…

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-best-open-source-CMS-for-big-multilingual-sites

Everyone has their own opinion, but from my past experience working as a Web Content Manager, CMS is the way to go…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Since you already have node.js talents on board judging from Cocos Creator development. Perhaps a node.js based web stack? There’s tons of it out there. Maybe these will help:

keystonejs
ghost
endurojs

For hosting you might wanna try the new Firebase from google or heroku. I would suggest Firebase since the documentation and node js support is great based on my experience with it. Deployment is just a command away.

Seems like the discussion have strayed off topic. Apologises for that. I have posted a suggestion like this months ago

Maybe we can continue there…

Thanks for your suggestions! Let’s discuss the website and docs in the post of @jake72.