Is there a virtual keyboard support for Windows laptops/monitor with Touch capabilites?

Hey everyone,

I am working on a small game for an exhibition and the idea is that it will be probably be on either on laptop with touch screen or a pc with touch monitor attached. There will be no access to physical keyboard. Since I don’t have neither of them I can’t check it if using either EditBox or TextField will attach an virtual IME on selecting to type a username…

Is there some support for Virtual keyboard in Windows? if no what my options to make it work?

My couple ideas then:

1. Create in-game keyboard with some text limitations (and wil probably will take some time to make it…).

2. Try to open/close On-Screen-Keyboard and make the game in bordeless windows so it owuld be on top.

I would think there is as it is really an OS thing.

What do you mean by that? Tried with opening the On-Screen-Keyboard process when clicking on EidtBox and kill the process when leaves, but since it’s a second window I can’t use the game to be in full-screen. Unless install a Bordeless program to counter it. As this will be only used for a day or two in the exhibition.

I don’t have a touchscreen laptop nor touchscreen monitor. So I can’t check if cocos is already compatable with Windows touch-screen, since they have second mode for it… I might just create an in-game keyboard for typing username as it’s only the main usecase. Better safe than sorry :slight_smile:

I would think that the operating system handles this for you on touch screens. It has for me in the past for apps I have written and deployed on kiosk machines running Windows.

You could always write your own to be sure. A fun Friday night exercise at the very least.