How to upgrade from v3.14 to v3.16

How to upgrade from v3.14 to v3.16
0.0 0

I’m developing a game that I created using cocos2d-x V3.14 command tools. Now I want to switch to V3.16 but I don’t know what to do. Please help me what should I do? Thanks.

What I do is make Classes, Resources, proj.android and proj.ios_mac as separate repro(s). So when it’s time to upgrade I create a new project and delete Classes, Resources, proj.android and proj.ios_mac and bring in my own from repro. Been doing it since v3.0. Maybe someone else have better solutions?

Use the prebuilt libraries. Then each release just run cocos gen-libs to update.

Thanks. And how should I install new cocos2dx version. I mean, should I run setup.py in new cocos2dx version or something?

Thanks. And how should I install new cocos2dx version. I mean, should I run setup.py in new cocos2dx version or something??

There is no need to run setup.py more than the very first time, for most developers, as they probably use the same directory names for cocos2d-x versions. That script simply sets some environment variables.

If you keep multiple copies of Cocos2d-x, then yes you will need to re-run setup.py or simply just change the environment variables manually. setup.py might be easier.

So, I extracted the new version of cocos2d to “C:”. Also the old version still stands in “C:”. And I think environment variables point to old version (v3.14). So no need to update them? What should I change to use the new version? I’m a novice user, sorry.

I clarified my answer above. Sorry for the confusion.