How to upgrade Cocos2d-x for my new projects with the Cocos Assistant?

How to upgrade Cocos2d-x for my new projects with the Cocos Assistant?
0.0 0

Hello,

I’m a beginner using Cocos, and for ease of use, I use the Cocos Wizard (http://www.cocos2d-x.org/download/cocos), instead of creating projects with the command console, or other ways.

My question is that the wizard comes with version 3.10, and right now we are in version 3.14. I tried to put version 3.14 inside the same folder where version 3.10 (… \ Cocos \ Cocos2d-x) is located, but this, unfortunately, does not automatically detect the new version.

So, how could I do that so I can detect the version? I want to be able to create new projects with the new version.

Greetings.

No. Cocos GUI has been EOL’d since v3.10. You can manually add but the detection won’t work so that 3.14.1 shows up in the drop down. I use symlinks to make my setup work.

EOL… I don’t understand why, it’s easier than create the projects with the CMD (I’m using Windows). I thought that they would move to this manner of create projects, just like unity or unreal engine…

But, okay, if I want to add manually this new version to the cocos gui, how can I do this? I didn’t understand what you said about symlinks (And I think this is for linux).