How to start Real time multiplayer mobile game with Cocos2d-x

Hi everyone,

I am interested in making my first real-time multiplayer game. I am comfortable with Cocos Creator and developing in JavaScript. I am planning on making a mobile game (Android + iOS) that is like the popular game Fun Run.

I know there are other forum posts about how to make a multiplayer game but I am a total noob when it comes to game servers. If someone can please tell me the differences (advantages and disadvantages) between the game server frameworks that I have come across that would help me get started in the right direction.

What information do I need to know for my game? What latency I should aim for? What CCU? I plan on making a cross-platform mobile game pretty much like Fun Run. Players just need to get matched and then the game begins. I’m not sure if that’s the same as having a lobby/room or not. I understand that I should use UDP and not TCP. Where should I host my server, with AWS, Amazon ec2 instances?

—UPDATE:

I have another thread with more responses regarding this: How to make a Multiplayer game with Cocos2d-x JavaScript and Node.js

http://www.smartfoxserver.com/

I have another thread with more responses regarding this:

@efares does that work for creator IDE as well?