How to make 3d sphere look semi transparent with custom material

Hello,
I am trying to make 3d sphere look semi-transparent.I tried using semi- transparent texture with builtin-phong effect,But that is not giving semi-transparent sphere.
Please check the ref.

How can i achieve semi - transparency for 3d sphere?

Thank you.

Look at your material, change the mode from opaque to transparent. If the effect you’re using doesn’t support transparent, switch to one that will.

@MikeCoker I have found effect which support transparent ,sphere is looking like this now

But when i run the game, sphere is not visible.If i change to opaque ,sphere is looking fine in the browser.

That’s pretty strange since the editor should be using the same renderer. Can you try the builtin-standard shader and see if there’s any difference? Obviously it won’t look quite the same since that is pbr. Also, I assume the sphere isn’t moving during the game? Just making sure the camera is still looking at it.

Hey @MikeCoker Sphere is not moving during the game and camera also still looking at it.
with the other any builtin effect sphere looks proper, but transparent mode is not working fine
Is that cocos creator 2.4.6 bug?

Sadly I’m out of ideas now. You’ll probably need official dev support.

HI @slackmoehrle could you please have a look at this issue?

Thank you.

So you are using 2.4.6 for 3d ? If you are just starting, we strongly suggest to upgrade to v3.4.2, there won’t be any issue like that.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.