How to get help

Hello Everyone,

As you all know there are these very forums to ask questions and participate in helping others in our community.

However, I have been getting an influx of PM’s and e-mails to my work account and my personal e-mail account, Even my personal Twitter and Facebook asking for help. Sometimes this is a very simple question that would be solved here. Other times it is an URGENT!! request because your game can’t be released without this being solved. Sometimes the same person asks me in e-mail, forum PM, Twitter and Facebook. Please, Please, refrain from doing this. I can’t track this all in so many places. Please ask here. This is partially our fault as we don’t have a guaranteed mechanism for support. I feel bad for this as I always want to help as much as I can.

If you ask me a question on Twitter, I will reply and have you post here and tag me.

If you ask me a question on Facebook, I will reply and have you post here and tag me.

You can tag me in your forum post if the matter is time sensitive.

If you e-mail me to my personal e-mail address, I will reply and scold you and have you ask here and tag me.

If, if, you are absolutely in dire straits, meaning if you can’t get a problem solved and you are going to lose your livelihood without help and you have asked here to no avail, then E-Mail me here and send me the link to your post. I will do my best to get you an answer.

Also, bugs in the engine should go to GitHub issues

We have a Programmers Guide. If you can’t find what you are looking for here. I want to know. Please file a GitHub issue (note: this is not the same link as above).

Thank you all for understanding. We want to help.

2 Likes

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.