How to flip a node as part of Tween sequence

In creator2.x I’ve used cc.orbitCamera to flip one node into another. just like flipping a coin from one side to the other.
What technique should I use in creator3.x where cc.orbitCamera is missing. Is there a replacement? I looked into Tween but there is no orbitCamera.

I found this technique but it seems a bit complicated: Tutorial: Cocos Creator: 3D flip effects using a 2D camera

I also want the flip to be part of Tween sequence, e.g. a node is moved and flipped in paralel.

Thanks!

Is scale.y = -1 what you want ? if so, you need to animate scale vector in tween.

Yes, this provide me with sufficient solution, thank you!

Just for my learning argument sake, if I want to implement the orbit camera, is there a simple step by step suggestion how to do so? If I add camera component to the node (2d scene), how do I use it? Can I set the eye location just like it was done in old JS solution: cocos2d-html5/CCActionCamera.js at bd519eeca93c0237e531d5b7a9246f30c4f29291 · cocos2d/cocos2d-html5 · GitHub
I guess the camera attached to that old JS node was different that this new one. The new camera has no “eye” property.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.