How to add easing for setting new sprite position in CC 3.x

Hi,
I am setting new sprite position every message. But messages are send around 30 times a second (sometimes less if there are lags etc.) and game runs in 60 fps. I want to make movement looks smooth and sprite to not jump between positions. Is there a function to add some linear easing that moves sprite between current pos and new pos?

My code:

NetworkManager.room.onMessage("UserMoved", (message) => {
          this.mainNode?.getChildByName(message.userID)?.getChildByName("UserSprite")?.setPosition(new Vec3(message.x, message.y, 0)); // this.mainNode.getChildByName(message.userID)?.getChildByName("UserSprite")?.getPosition().z));
          this.mainNode?.getChildByName(message.userID)?.getChildByName("UserName")?.setPosition(new Vec3(message.x, message.y + 55.553, 0)); //  this.mainNode.getChildByName(message.userID)?.getChildByName("UserSprite")?.getPosition().z));
          this.playerDict.get(message.userID)?.setPosition(this.mainNode?.getChildByName(message.userID)?.getChildByName("UserSprite")?.getPosition().x,this.mainNode?.getChildByName(message.userID)?.getChildByName("UserSprite")?.getPosition().y);
        });

When user starts/stops moving walk animation is set on/off with other message:

NetworkManager.room.onMessage("animationChange", (message) => {

if (message.animation != this.playerDict.get(message.userID)?.currentAnimation) {
            this.mainNode?.getChildByName(message.userID)?.getChildByName("UserSprite")?.getComponent(Animation)?.crossFade(message.animation, 0.3);
            this.playerDict.get(message.userID).currentAnimation = message.animation;
          }

});

I will ask engineering to review this topic.

You can use tween. here is the reference documentation.
https://docs.cocos.com/creator/3.3/manual/en/tween/?h=tween

I think, you should implement “Client-Side Interpolation”.

There are many good articles/approaches available online. Please google.