How is the Cocos project supported?

I’m curious how the entire project (x, Creator, etc) is financially supported (or is it all volunteer)? I don’t see any products or services for sale nor do I see any indication of there being a Patreon or something similar. I get the impression that the developers are mostly (all?) Chinese - so perhaps there’s more info about this in Chinese somewhere and I just can’t read it. :stuck_out_tongue:

We have investors and have had a round of funding thanks to Walzers efforts. Yes, the development team is in China.

Does that mean there are plans to eventually sell Cocos Creator or provide services or something? If there are investors, there must be a business model - or are the investments more of a sponsorship and not a business venture?

I only ask because it’s nice to know the likelihood of the project disappearing suddenly someday or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

We aren’t going anywhere. The company has been around since 2010 and cocos2d even before that.

We have partnerships with software companies and hardware companies and we leverage them and they leverage our software and platform.

1 Like

It’s 4 years old.