Google play violation ads showing outside of app

I got this from Google Play today and not showing ads outside of the app. Anyone have any idea how to comply with this policy? We show ad some time after level is completed. Maybe users closed app and ads show?

Most probably the 3rd option
Interstitial ads that trigger after every user click
As you said We show ad some time after level is completed. , make sure all interstitial ads should shown on state changes.
It should not prompt abruptly.

I see, so your thinking issue below might be not the problem. Can you give please me more insight?

@vkreal2 Do you show ad after user presses “next” on the level finished dialog or before level finished dialog is shown (but user has already finished level)?

I think the “key” here is:

In admob “best practices” the best option is to show interstitial ad after user presses “next” in the finished dialog.

@kds

Here’s the user flow.

1. user play level
  2. user win/lose level
  3. sometime show interstitial ad
  4. show finish dialog (menu/next buttons)

So the flow above number 3 sometime gets skip. Do you think this can be an issue the flow above?

@vkreal2 Yes, I think this is the issue. Especially if it is not clear to the user that level is finished (interstitial shown before finished dialog).

I would propose the following solution (this is how I am doing in my games and it was reviewed some time ago by admob):

1. User play level.
  2. User wins/loses level.
  3. Show finish dialog.
  4. User presses “next/retry” button.
  5. Show interstitial ad (this action should also “pause” your game).
  6. User closes interstitial -> resume the game and play/retry the level.

Of course you don’t have to show interstitial ad all the time.

In general interstitial ad should be shown after user action. In your scenario it doesn’t happen.

@kds in your steps showing interstitial after step 4 might violate the last bullet point below? Maybe I am reading it wrong. What you think?

Interstitial ads that trigger after every user click.

We recommend that you review how you’ve implemented interstitial ads and be mindful of common examples of non-compliant implementations, including

* Interstitial ads that appear before the app has opened or after the app has been closed.
* Interstitial ads that are triggered after a user closes another interstitial ad.
* Interstitial ads that trigger after every user click.

@kds by the way thanks for your help!

From the reading below looks like it’s better to show before the dialog shows. Maybe I am interpreting it wrong

@vkreal2 Now I am confused :wink: I have tried this way e.g. showing interstitial ad before the finished dialog and I was getting a lot of accidental clicks, ctr was more than 10%, it was not normal. I have contacted with admob and they suggested to change it to what I have now. It was more than 2 years ago :wink:

I don’t trigger ads after every user click, it is not this case. In my case it is safer to show ad after user pressed “next” button. It may also depends on the type of the game.

But… the second part of is very interesting. Have you implemented “loading” at the end of the level? I see this recomendation for the first time. This loading could work in my case (user taps the screen a lot of times).

So the scenario should be like this:

1. Play the game.
  2. Level is going to be finished, show “loading” (user stops tapping).
  3. Show interstitial ad.
  4. Intersitial closed -> show finished dialog.

This could work.

@kds I find it odd to have loading text at end of level before showing. Maybe for your use case it make sense.