[GAME] Dig Dog - Action Roguelike Digger

[GAME] Dig Dog - Action Roguelike Digger
0.0 0

460x215-header

Hello Cocos2d-x devs, I’ve announced my latest game today!

Dig Dog is an action roguelike platformer. Dig to discover treasure, adventure and bones! Jump, dash, stomp and dig your way through a strange world inhabited by stranger creatures.

There’s an announcement trailer on the Steam page. And here’s the announcement tweet.

This will be my fourth PC release using Cocos2d-x. Rather than upgrade to the latest versions, I tried to keep my frameworks stack unchanged from previous games so to not introduce any bugs. So this game is built with Cocos2d-x 3.13.1, SDL2, and my internal physics engine.

Looking forward to sharing more on the game as it gets closer to release!

Hey @Rusty Congrats on another great release. We did a developer interview with you a while back. How about we do another one?

Also, what can we do to help you start using Cocos Creator? I know your toolchain is tried and true at this point, but would you consider trying Creator for a title?

Dig Dog is now available on iOS, Win + Mac, and Xbox One!

Dig Dog is a platformer that intermixes digging with roguelike gameplay. Forge your own path as you creatively tunnel through each level. This launch trailer shows off the game pretty well:

Hope y’all get a chance to check it out!

@rusty - we are sending out a newsletter next week, want to be in it?

@slackmoehrle yea sure! That’d be rad. :slight_smile:

@rusty Awesome. slackmoehrle@cocos2d-x.org.

I need to send it on the 13th.

Can you send me:

Logo
Graphics
a short summary
links to app stores.

I can shoot you over a draft on Monday to review before we send it.

This itunes.apple.com page can’t be found
No webpage was found for the web address: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dig-dog/id1147716340?mt=8
HTTP ERROR 404

@yinjimmy Thanks! I tried to update the iOS link too. Hopefully that works.

@slackmoehrle Sure thing!

I got the Mac version through Steam. Fun times. I lol every time I get my bone and go shooting up to the heavens. :+1: