Fresh Creator_to_cocos2dx install. Editbox error.js :20

CocosCreator v2.0.2
Cocos2dx 3.17

Hello, I installed the Creator_to_cocos2dx plugin in my CocosCreator project entered my project folder location and proceeded to build my files. I received the error: “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘uuid’ of null”. it was located at creator-luacpp-support\core\parser\EditBox.js:20. My skills with TypeScript/Javascript are limited. I included a photo below for additional reference.

You have to set a Background Image for the EditBox.

Or If you don’t want to use a background Image add a check above the line with the error
like if(component._N$backgroundImage != undefined)

The odd thing is this is a test project so i kept it simple and this scene only has a VideoPlayer component. EditBox is not even used which confuses me even more.

As for the EditBox issue i tried adding a if statement above it like this.

if(component._N$backgroundImage != undefined){
		this._properties.returnType = EditBox.RETURN_TYPE[component._N$returnType];
    this._properties.inputFlag = EditBox.INPUT_FLAG[component._N$inputFlag];
    this._properties.inputMode = EditBox.INPUT_MODE[component._N$inputMode];
    this.add_property_int('fontSize', '_N$fontSize', component);
    this.add_property_rgb('fontColor', '_N$fontColor', component);
    this.add_property_str('placeholder', '_N$placeholder', component);
    this.add_property_int('placeholderFontSize', '_N$placeholderFontSize', component);
    this.add_property_rgb('placeholderFontColor', '_N$placeholderFontColor', component);
    this.add_property_int('maxLength', '_N$maxLength', component);
    this.add_property_str('text', '_string', component);

}else if (!component._N$backgroundImage){

// background image is needed by cocos2d-x's EditBox

Utils.log("Error:EditBox background image is needed by cocos2d-x!");
    this._properties.backgroundImage = Utils.get_sprite_frame_name_by_uuid(component._N$backgroundImage.__uuid__);

this._properties.returnType = EditBox.RETURN_TYPE[component._N$returnType];
    this._properties.inputFlag = EditBox.INPUT_FLAG[component._N$inputFlag];
    this._properties.inputMode = EditBox.INPUT_MODE[component._N$inputMode];
    this.add_property_int('fontSize', '_N$fontSize', component);
    this.add_property_rgb('fontColor', '_N$fontColor', component);
    this.add_property_str('placeholder', '_N$placeholder', component);
    this.add_property_int('placeholderFontSize', '_N$placeholderFontSize', component);
    this.add_property_rgb('placeholderFontColor', '_N$placeholderFontColor', component);
    this.add_property_int('maxLength', '_N$maxLength', component);
    this.add_property_str('text', '_string', component);

}

even with this though it still gives the" uuid error" i listed in my first post. My Scene only has a VideoPlayer widget, not using EditBox yet i still get the above EditBox related error. so what should i do?

alright… I tried the same with my cocos creator 2.0.2 and the same happened to me… in my case it stuck with a ProgressBar error. maybe it has something to do with the new version of CC. last time I used this plugIn (with CC1.9x) everything worked just fine.

maybe @zhangxm knows what to do.

Thank you :slight_smile: . Lets see what he says or if someone else tunes in as well. if not ill probably have to rollback my cocos creator version perhaps.

@drelaptop have we tested the creator_to_cocos2d-x plugin with the latest Creator versions?

we didn’t tested this plugin on creator 2.x, suggest to use it on creator 1.9.3

@drelaptop just tried it on creator 1.9.3 and it gave me the same exact error. Do you have any other suggestions?

I think you can imported this creator project using creator 1.9.3, so you can refer to examples