Forums website and SSL

FYI - It seems that something broke for some browsers when the SSL certs were installed on the forums. Homepage works, but the forums don’t. Safari seems to work but Firefox and Edge and IE11 and don’t. Firefox is just a white page. Edge/IE11 complains about TLS not being secure enough on the site, so I’m guessing you may have some ciphers enabled that are insecure.

I tested discuss.cocos2d-x.org at ssllabs.com and they give the site a A grade so I’m stumped.

1 Like

Thanks. I see an error on Firefox Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_UNEXPECTED_NEW_SESSION_TICKET
Safari seems fine.
I haven’t tested Chrome.

I’m not sure what the issue is. There are other domains of our that use the same SSL Certs like
digitalocean.cocos2d-x.org

I backed out of the changes I made to Discourse nignx and rebuilt the forums but they don’t seem to be fixing the issue.

I made a change to the nginx conf and I think the forums are working on Firefox, can anyone test Firefox and Chrome and let me know if things are working for you?

Still not working for Firefox SSL_ERROR_RX_UNEXPECTED_NEW_SESSION_TICKET.

Chrome also does not work, with error “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”

Like you said, the other domains seem to work.

Can you try again @chadwyk

OK Looks like you got it! Working in both Chrome and Firefox. Didn’t test Edge or IE11 as I’m not at my work computer.

Not really. I had to turn off some SSL settings. I need to build a test instance of these forums so I can see what is going on.

Ahh bummer…

I think Discourse is a bit touchy with SSL. I’ll finish deploying SSL to www.cocos2d-x.org sites first, then fix Discourse.

It’s working on Chrome again