Flatbuffers version or binary

Okay, I downloaded the sources of flatbuffers 1.0.0 (https://github.com/google/flatbuffers/releases) and compiled a flatc command line tool for me. After that I created a schema and generated the cpp header files (flatc -c *.fbs).

After including your flatbuffers folder into my project I wanted to compile and get errors. Because my generated file used e.g. FLATBUFFERS_FINAL_CLASS.

After that I copied your sources/headers into the folder structure from 1.0.0 and tried to compile (make flatc). It was not possible, because the idl_gen_java.cpp was not able to compile.

Are you sure it’s an unaltered 1.0.0 release version? I would be happy, if you can create a flatc binary (mainly macOS) and can attach it to this thread. So everybody can use the bundled flatbuffers version until someone figured out, what’s wrong with your schema files.

Maybe @slackmoehrle can help with it?

The schema files are copied from Cocos Studio source code by @zhangbin, he kept a copy of Cocos Studio source code after the project is canceled. But @zhangbin is not a member of cocos studio team,
and we don’t know if the schema files are correct or not, and we can not find a guy for help. These schema files are not in cocos2d-x repo until some developer ask to add it.

Not the bundled schema files are the problem. My current problem is, that I can’t generate valid header files for usage with your bundled flatbuffer sources. It don’t want to alter them, because I don’t know what will break. I want to use your flatbuffers sources (from 3.16), but this isn’t possible, because they are not from v1.0.0 (even the header named it).

I do need the original git commit from the flatbuffer sources (in the google repo), to be able to create my own flatc binary.

PS: @slackmoehrle Do you understand my question or is it too confusing?

Why don’t you e-mail me so we don’t clog the thread with gaining understanding? slackmoehrle@cocos2d-x.org. I can get some people involved after I understand. I don’t want to make an assumption.

1 Like

I am sorry, I was busy and forgot to check this post.
There is no progress now, I will notify you when I have something.

I’m again on this issue. I want to update the flatbuffer source to the latest stable version (v1.10.0), but where can I find any Cocos Studio files to check if the new _generated.h are valid. In my own project, I can exclude the Cocos Studio support, but I want to give back something to the community, that’s why I ask. @Priority10 Do you have any files?

PS: Is it possible to deprecate Cocos Studio support in cocos v3.18 and remove it with v4, so that everyone can include newer flatbuffer versions or is there a way to include two separate versions? @slackmoehrle what’s your opinion about that?

1 Like

Let me have @drelaptop read this.

1 Like

So, the new generated files and changed Cocos Studio support files are compiling very well (I like long train journeys home for christmas). Now I need some real test files to check if everything works fine. Can someone send me via PM some, so I can confirm everything ist working like before or change the FBS if needed.

1 Like