[Facebook] Space Force

I wanted to share progress on my project that I started when I had first downloaded Cocos Creator in November of 2019. I’ve had more “off” days than “on” days due to my day job, but I’m finally close to finishing this project. I’m at the stage where the project is stale, hard to gauge playability, and you constantly stop yourself from starting other projects. I do not have a team; I’m the only one working on it.

I plan to only release this game for Facebook, unless someone has good reasons why I should consider other platforms? My plan is free-to-play with the only purchase option available is to buy in-game credits that goes towards the in-game store. It’s hard seeing this game going far in terms of popularity, but I just want to finally release it.

Here is a more recent preview video:

I’m open to feedback, but I can’t do much in the art department. My art skills are very limited. My strengths are programming related.

I also have a GoFundMe that isn’t gaining any traction, which gives me doubts about the amount of people that will play this game on release. It was worth a shot. I don’t absolutely need funding, but I was hoping to hire an artist to clean and polish everything. My GoFundMe link is: Fundraiser by Paul Thomas : #SpaceForce - A Casual Space Game

Thanks for reading. I absolutely love Cocos and will forever be using it as my 2D engine. Thank you very much, Cocos Developers, for this awesome engine!

1 Like

cool locking game, especially the ui elements look great :slight_smile: good luck with it and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

This game is now available to demo at https://3dmasons.com/spaceforce

I like your great work very much. I just got started learning to make a space shooting game like your work by Cocos Creator. How did you lean it? Any recommend tutorials?

1 Like

An update from the last time I had posted on this forum about this project.

Thank you!

I already have a long history in programming, and game development with engines like Unreal Engine 4, so I didn’t use anything specific to work on this project with Cocos. I am also new to Cocos, this is my first project with Cocos, so I apologize, but I’m not a great resource.

All I could recommend is to learn Javascript, experiment a lot, and just keep pushing forward. Good luck, and thank you again for your kind words.