Error while building for linux: libfmod.so.6

Hi guys, as topic says, I get this error:

“error while loading shared libraries: libfmod.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

I’ve installed fmod on my deepin, but I got no luck. I can’t get it to work, any ideas?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey. I had the same problem. Try this:

run the download-deps tool, then and run ./install-deps-linux again assuming you already have because I did and it didn’t work the first time.

Afterward, run the cpp test found in

cocos2d-x > test > cpp-tests using the terminal command cocos run -p linux

If the cpp-test work, then your project should to. IDK why you have to do this. I already install the deps but maybe i had to do it twice?

Tell me how it goes.

Hi, thanks for your help.

I tried it and it keeps getting that annoying libfmod error. I don’t know if it’s a problem with the distro I’m using, because I’ve installed all the dependencies (when it comes to game development), this is very frustrating.

When you ran the cpp-test, did it work?

Try these command out:

sudo cp <*COCOS FOLDER LOCATION*>/external/linux-specific/fmod/prebuilt/64-bit/libfmod.so /usr/local/lib/

sudo cp  <*COCOS FOLDER LOCATION*>/external/linux-specific/fmod/prebuilt/64-bit/libfmodL.so /usr/local/lib/

sudo cp <*COCOS FOLDER LOCATION*>/external/linux-specific/fmod/include/*.h /usr/local/include/

This will install the libfmod in the /usr/local/lib and the include files in /usr/local/include

1 Like

I submitted the issue to the github repo. hopefully they add it.

Hi, thank u for ur fast reply. I’ll try those new steps. I ran that cpp test and didn’t work

So… I copied the .so and header files to the local lib and it keeps giving me the same ‘libfmod.so.6’ error. I’m now losing hope

About cpp-test, it stops to build at 72% when “Built target cocos2d”:
“recipe for target ‘all’ failed”

What distro are you using? These steps worked for me on ubuntu and a fresh install of elementary os (which is based on ubuntu)

I’m using Linux Deepin, I think it’s based on Debian

Well, I finallly got it to work. I did a sudo apt-get update and it did take a bit long to finish, then I reboot. When I tested it again, the windows with cocos finally opened. Thank you for your help!

It finally work ! In deepin(linux),after coping those files,you have to run ./install-deps-linux again !

2 Likes

Hi, I also had this issue on Linux Mint. Your (Andyscream) last step fixed this annoying issue :wink:
Thank you!

My total solution:

1. copy
    sudo cp <COCOS FOLDER LOCATION>/external/linux-specific/fmod/prebuilt/64-bit/libfmod.so /usr/local/lib/
    sudo cp <COCOS FOLDER LOCATION>/external/linux-specific/fmod/prebuilt/64-bit/libfmodL.so /usr/local/lib/

2. create symbolic link in /usr/local/lib/
    ln -s libfmod.so libfmod.so.6

3. run ./install-deps-linux again

7 Likes

Sorry for dragging up an old thread. Just wanted to say thanks for this Linux Mint solution :slight_smile:

Helped me on Ubuntu 15.10

See also my comment here for an alternative.

For Ubuntu16.04 LTS, and Cocos2d-x-3.13.1
sudo cp libfmod.so and libfmodL.so to /usr/lib , not /usr/local/lib,
and then ln -s libfmod.so libfmod.so.6

4 Likes

This worked perfectly. Thank you !

This worked perfectly. Thank you !