Error: Failed to run project. The log file path

Hi!
Could someone be nice and help me out with this?
When I try to run the android project in CocosCreator I get this error:
Error: Failed to run project. The log file path [ C:\Users\Akerman\.CocosCreator\logs\native.log ]

And the log file contains the following:

Building mode: release
Using Eclipse project : C:\Users\Akerman\Documents\Cocosprojects\NewProject\build\jsb-default\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android
The directory ‘android-10’ can’t be found in Android SDK

I solved it.
The problem was that it was set to build for android api level 10 as default and I didn’t have intalled so I changed the build settings to build for an api that I had installed and that solved the problem.

Hi, I’m having the same problem as we speak. Can you tell me where do I have to change that in Cocos Creator?

You go to Project > Build then in the inside the build window look for the row that says “API level” and next to it you choose your api level from the list.

I’m using 1.2.2 and I dont have an “API level” on build settings… is this a new setting from 1.3?

Edit: I can confirm that this is a new 1.3 feature. However in my case the problem I had with “android-10” error was not related to the target platform but to NDK (android-10 NDK). I already fixed installing the required NDK.

I am getting the same error.
Why is NDK r10 required to run “Play” after “Build” -> “Compile” steps? (What does “Play” even do?)
I am using Android Studio to manage Android packages, and there is no option to select version of NDK different than the latest (r13b)…
Should I just ignore it?

I still have to fully check this post: 3.10 and Android Studio
Maybe the solution is in there…

Thanks, I will probably just download manually the NDK r10e, and use that in Cocos Creator instead of the one used by Android Studio.
Maybe then I will finally find out what does the “Play” button do :smiley:

UPDATE:

Using NDK r10e changed nothing.
What fixed the issue was installing android-10 SDK (yes, the old Gingerbread).
Now I can successfully run all commands: “Build” -> “Compile” -> “Play”.
I also noticed that “Build” -> “Compile” steps run much faster now.
Using Android Studio on top of that is a breeze now, before this change I was really concerned with the workflow speed.

Good luck! :wink: :thumbsup:

I have this option but for me it’s empty! I installed sdk android api 10, 19, 24 ndk r16b and ant apache 1.9.11! the build option, gets to build the default file but does not have any apk files!