Editor window in CC (3.5.0)

Perhaps a strange question, but I can not understand how the camera works in the editor itself and how to configure it.

I have two canvases, each with a camera. One canvas and camera with priority 0 for UI elements. Second canvas and camera with priority 1 and DEPTH_ONLY flag for 3D elements. 3d elements should be rendered in front of the UI. I run it and everything works as it should.

But in the editor window, no matter what I do, I can’t get the 3d elements to show up in front of the UI. Even switching to 3d mode, the UI is always displayed in front of them. What am I doing wrong and where is the error?

In the editor window in 3d mode:

CocosCreator_qO6b4VRyBo

Thanks for your feedback, do you mind to pass us a small repo scene to look at?

Certainly. I created a small demo:

Test_ide.zip (1.6 MB)

As a result, the 3D object is visible after launch, but I can’t set its visibility in the editor:

Thanks a lot for your repo scene! I can see the problem in this case, I think this is because our editor view we only have one perspective camera, and the priority settings does not affect the scene view camera, so it cannot have different priorities,and the setting does not work for scene view camera.