Editbox will automatically enter and exit fullscreen mode in Android browser

When I try to enter text into an Edit box, it will exit out of full screen on my Android browser, how can I prevent this?

If I cannot stop the Edit box from exiting full screen, can I prevent the Edit box from entering full screen when I tap outside of the Edit box and it loses focus? I have tried using cc.view.enableAutoFullScreen(false); but the edit box can still go in and out of fullscreen

I am trying to disable this so that I won’t get disoriented when trying to enter text into the Edit box. I have decided to work around this by making my own keypad and text box using a button instead for now.

Also, I’ve found that if an Editbox already has text in it, when I deselect it and select it again, the text in the text box goes out of alignment with where it should be
Edit: I seem to be unable to reproduce this problem anymore

@c2yongkang What version of Creator are you using? Can you provide a demo that reproduces the problem?

I am using version 2.3.2 and here is the demo project:

1. Press the full screen button on mobile browser
  2. Press the edit box
  3. It will exit full screen
  4. Deselecting the edit box will go back into full screen

I have been able to work around this by just using Buttons and Labels, just curious if there is a way to avoid the auto exit/enter full screen when interacting with EditBoxes

Hi, I can not reproduce on XiaoMi phone. This may be a browser compatibility issue, you can tell us what browser and its version and we can try to troubleshoot it, but there is no guarantee that it will be fully compatible.

Im having the exact same issue with @c2yongkang , I use google chrome (87.0.4280.101) on android.

I have tried this on the

• Samsung Internet Browser (version 13.0.2.9)
  • Chrome Browser (version 87.0.4280.101)

This only happens on mobile browser, especially in landscape view, it does not happen on PC browser

Yes, I reproduce this issue. Testing on the web page has the same result, this problem occurs whenever you go full screen and click on the edit box, it is a browser issue that only appears on lower versions of Android, not higher versions of Android, and there is no way for our engine to bypass the browser to fix the issue. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Okay, thank you anyway for your support