Doubts about iAP receipt verification

Hi guys!
I successfully integrated the SDKBOX iAP plugin in my project.
Because this is the first time I work with iAP I have some basic questions:

1. Why should I verify the receipts?
  2. How to do that on iOS (client side verification is not allowed)
  3. What about the LiveOps Server-Side Receipt Verification? Do you provide servers to do that?

Before starting to implement the iAP receipt verification it is important for me to understand why I need it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

The link seems broken…

No its clickable when u clin on top of message.

Purchase Verification

Not all of the in-app purchases that are made in your app are real. As it turns out, as many as 30 % of all IAPs on iOS are falsified - whether through a rooted device, a hijacked App Store request, or through some other form of in-app piracy.

Adjust can now check your in-app purchase receipts in real time and verify that the purchases are real, by pinging Apple’s or Google’s receipt verification servers. This feature has been in testing for months – but today, it’s available to everyone. To get started, just ping sales@adjust.com.

This is actually the latest iteration of a longer-running project to build purchase verification that really works. To understand how purchase verification can best be implemented, we’ve tried multiple different approaches:

deduplicating transaction IDs inside the SDK:

This method has been available in the SDK since early last year, and simply checks transaction IDs for duplicates. You can catch a few simple types of faked purchases, and it’s an easy quick-fix in early stages of your launch.

locally sanity-checking receipts inside the SDK:

We went a step further in version 4.1, decoding and checking the receipt fields locally. Similarly, it gave us slightly better results,

asynchronously polling verification servers:

Also introduced with 4.1, you would be able to slowly and lazily check receipts with the verification servers after-the-fact. Unfortunately, this approach isn’t associated with complete accuracy - and since the data is delayed, you can’t use it as easily in integrations or in your BI systems.

@energyy thanks for the clarifications!
This kind of iAP piracy, can be done only on iOS jailbroken devices and Android rooted devices?

Another thing:
to enable client side receipt verification on Android using SDKBOX, it is sufficient to call?
sdkbox::IAP::enableUserSideVerification(true)

should be enough if all keys configured in SDKBOX - just check documentation.

Guys, we don’t use Live OPS, but i receiving receipt log:

why does it come? (iOS)
Also very slow going purchases 30-50sec

and when i try to restore purchases, it says Cannot connect to iTunes Store

xexe :smiley: i think today Apple servers are super slow :confused: