Does use of ParallaxNode has advantages over using my own code for parallax effect?

Does use of ParallaxNode has advantages over using my own code for parallax effect?

I need parallax effect and I’ve made a class named Background who does this for me and moves the background frames on every update(), and also rearranges the sprites used in background for infinite scrolling, I wouldn’t like to reimplement this last with using the ParallaxNode Class unless it gave me advantages on performance or easy adaptation with future tiling pieces on my scene, or any other advantage to know.

At the time I just add the background images to ParallaxNode as childs and move the node but without the infinite scrolling implementation and on difference with my own code for parallax I get this:

Left with NodeParallax, right with my own code.

Apparently I get almost no difference in using or not using ParallaxNode referring to GLVerts and GLCalls from both cases or maybe it’s a a minimal or is not reflected in graphics but in memory gestion or something else. So I’d like to know about advantages of using this ParallaxNode class.

Thank you.

Hi. ParllaxNode is easer to implement. If you already implemented parallax effect then no need to use ParallaxNode. There is not any significant performance improvement for using ParallaxNode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.