Direct plagarism?

Direct plagarism?

While researching the 32 collisions I found a DIRECT COPY of the physics docs, as well as copies of the “gamesfromscratch” docs (http://cocosstudio.blogspot.com/2015/03/cocos2d-x-tutorial-physics.html)
Is this even legal? If not I think something should be done, this website has adverts and somebody will make undeserved money

If someone is writing a tutorial describing how to do something, then they would reference material from the documentation, and that in itself is fine. It’s quite likely to fit within the fair-use clause of copyright laws. Also, it could have just been a set of notes that person wrote for their own benefit, and then decided to post it up in a blog entry in case others would find it useful.

If you feel that you want to protect the interests of gamesfromscratch, then perhaps you should bring that up with them.

I’m not even sure why you would post about it here, since it serves no purpose whatsoever. Shouldn’t you be focused on your game, and the apparent urgency you have for finishing it? So, wasting time posting up things like this only works against you.

2 Likes

To be fair that website did cite cocos2d-x.org right at the top. Also, copying is the sincerest form of flattery. As an open source company we can be ok with this and perhaps it helps spread the word about our products.

2 Likes

Fair enough, This was on a sunday, I had 95% of the day to code, and spent 1% of it researching collisions and found this.

Oh ok. I just thought it was quite lazy