I have a scene with text label which I am loading in C++ code and that is working fine.
Now when I setString like
lbl->setString("1234567890"); it doesn’t render all characters. But if I specify all characters in cocos studio property they are showing fine.
My guess is that when we are updating string its not rendering properly. Noticed this issue on iOS platform (yet need to figure how to get game working on Android, as it keep crashing on launch on android).
When I used font name “Arial”, all I saw was a black box. But when I used my custom font, it worked fine the above way (i.e with in editor, but not via code).