Cocos2d-x v3.11 released!

Cocos2d-x v3.11 released!
0.0 0

We are happy to announce the release of Cocos2d-x v3.11!

This release brings bug fixes and API maintenance, as well as:

• upgrade Chipmunk to v7.0.1.
  • use new memory model in JSB, don’t have to invoke retain/release in JavaScript. It is disabled by default.
  • upgrade Curl to v7.48.
  • upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.2g.
  • use VSCode and new Firefox to debug Cocos2d-x JSB programs.
  • new WebGL Renderer: activate WebGL on Android by default, Sprite auto-batching and a shared rendering buffer for Sprites

Download it today!

Moving my game from 3.9 to 3.11.1

Tizen support missing from creating new project.

$cocos new MyGame -p com.your_company.mygame -l cpp

No tizen project folder.
( templates\cpp-template-default\proj.tizen folder not included in cocos2d-x-3.11.zip )

Thanks, I found out that Tizen support is still in QA.

Wow wow wow.
Chipmunk 7 thanks guys I was really waiting that thank you.

Thanks for the release of new version.
BTW, how can i change the engine version from 3.10 to 3.11 in Cocos / Cocos Studio (Not Cocos Creator)

Does this version support Ipv6?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

You cannot. We are removing Cocos for the time being.

what do you mean no update for c++ or Lua?

Edit: I think you mean Cocos Creator? If so, wrong topic, this is for Cocos2d-x v3.11, not Cocos Creator.

When I try to generate the lib files with

cocos gen-libs -p android

it end up with an error:

/Development/cocos2d-x-3.11/tools/simulator/frameworks/runtime-src/proj.android/../../../../..//tools/simulator/libsimulator/proj.android/../lib/ProjectConfig/ProjectConfig.cpp:24: error: relocation overflow in R_ARM_THM_CALL
/Development/cocos2d-x-3.11/tools/simulator/frameworks/runtime-src/proj.android/../../../../..//tools/simulator/libsimulator/proj.android/../lib/ProjectConfig/ProjectConfig.cpp:26: error: relocation overflow in R_ARM_THM_CALL
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [obj/local/armeabi/libcocos2dlua.so] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/Development/cocos2d-x-3.11/tools/simulator/frameworks/runtime-src/proj.android'
Error running command, return code: 2.
Error running command, return code: 14.

iOS is working properly, any ideas?

yeah, team you are awesome!

i am waiting ‘sdkbox play’ with authentication feature for 3 years :smile:
now we can create multiplayer games without third party solutions for auth and identify players
now i am want to migrate sdkbox to version 2.2

thank you very much! :wink:

support Android 23?????

I just upgraded my JS project to V3.11 and a change in UIListView.js breaks my project : addEventListener had been removed and now when I call this function on my listview it is the method addEventListener from the parent UIScrollView which is called. Unfortunately, it does not have the same signature: the target parameter is missing.
It has the effect of not having the correct this object when the callback is called.

I fixed it by using the deprecated addEventListenerListView function instead, but it does not sounds right since it is marked as deprecated.

There is no sdkbox files in v3.11
It should be in cocos2d-x\tools\cocos2d-console\bin\
Is something changed?

As the Cocos haven’t been removed and i still using it, is there anyway to modify Cocos v3.10 for Mac to support Cocos2d-x v3.11?

Thank you.

Yes, it can be done manually. I’m working on instructions for everyone.

I am asking those in charge to re-consider and make a version of Cocos for v3.11.

Let me look into this.

Can’t wait to have the instructions, would like to test v3.11.

I think Cocos for v3.11 should still be released as giving time for developer to transit from Cocos to Cocos Creator.

Personally, i thinking we are changing editors and tools too frequently. It take times to master those editors and tools and now we have to change again.

And the Cocos installer will be update with this version??