Cocos2d-x Developer Meetup-Silicon Valley!

Cocos2d-x Developer Meetup-Silicon Valley

We’re calling all Cocos developers to join us for an evening of learning, helpful tips and networking with local game studios and enthusiasts. We’ll have informative talks throughout the evening from the Cocos engineering team. We’ll also have our team floating around to answer questions and offer 1-on-1 help. We hope you’ll join us. Must be 21+.

Join us for our Cocos2d-x Developer Meetup Silicon Valley edition on Thursday September 17th at 6:30 pm.

The evening kicks off with pizza, drinks and mingling with the Cocos2d-x community. We’ll also be presenting informative and helpful talks about Cocos2d-x:

Agenda:
6:30-7:00PM: Meet and Greet, Networking, Pizza, Drinks
7:00-8:00PM: Workshop Sessions (each 20 mins):

1. Creating efficient games Part I: creating our own components
    Speaker: Ricardo Quesada, Chief Architect of Chukong, main author of Cocos2d-x.

2. Creating efficient games Part II: performance tips and tricks.
    Speaker: Nite Luo, Senior Software Engineer of Chukong

8:00-9:00PM: Mix and Mingle, ask questions.

Register on Eventbrite or Meetup!

2 Likes
1 Like

So is anyone coming? I think @ricardo, @mannewalis and @nite will be there. Register and stop in to talk with the folks you always see here on the forums.

Would love to, but I’m in Portland, OR.

Take a train? Probably a nice ride…

1 Like

| >___< | such a shame I’m coming to cali next week…

Hey guys, thanks for putting this together. Good fun listening to @ricardo and @nite. Btw @nite, here’s the link to first moving picture - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sallie_Gardner_at_a_Gallop

1 Like

hey @nite I’m trying to follow the profiling techniques you demo’d in the meetup. I don’t see the GPU gauge and/or any of the OpenGL ES gauges. What do you think I am missing in my cocos2d-x setup? Maybe something at the app delegate?

Reference:
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/3DDrawing/Conceptual/OpenGLES_ProgrammingGuide/ToolsOverview/ToolsOverview.html

Why don’t you guys provide video links of such events on forums, it will be a huge advantage for those of us who are unfortunate enough to not able to attend such events

We did not record this event.