Cocos2d engine has a memory leaks on OS X & iOS

Hello. During the development of my game I encountered memory leaks. I have started a project profiling and figured out that these leaks occur in the core of Cocos2d engine.

For testing, I created a completely new empty project in which there is only one scene without a single layer or a node, completely empty scene like this:

Then I compiled the project and again started profiling. The result of what I saw, you can see yourself in the picture below:

As you can see completely empty scene without a single object has more than 600 memory leaks!
When I started profiling with the default “HelloWorld” project the number of memory leaks is was double increased!

The same leaks occur when I run empty new project on the real iOS device and in the iOS simulator. However, I should note that these leaks over time does not increase. They occur somewhere in the core Cocos2d engine at startup and initialization of the application. But I noticed that these leaks happen all the time, even when I create an empty scene without a single object on them. I have not conducted the same tests on Linux, Android and Windows and I do not know what’s going on these platforms. If someone else has a desire to carry out such tests on other platforms, it would be good to know the results.

The memory leak is in GLFW library.

This scares the hell out of me… @owen, how do you know it is the GLFW library?

Will this be fixed? I think it is something really important.

Cheers.

cocos2d-x has some singletons like Director, and other cache objects, which will appear as leaks, but they are not.