[cocos studio] Is there going to be linux version from it?

whish list: I would like use cocos studio in the Ubuntu.

same with me. Its more comfortable working in linux than windows. I hope they will make a linux version of the cocos studio soon.

+1
I am working on windows but I would like to fully automate the build of my game on a linux server.
To do so we need a linux version of Cocos.Tool.exe to publish the project.
Any chance does it exists or is it open source so we can try to compile it ourselves ?

Thanks.

I tried to run Cocos Studio under linux using Wine with no luck. It is build in .NET and I didn’t manage to make it work.
Anyway, that’s not a proper solution : anyone knows if Cocos Studio source code is available somewhere?

No. Cocos Studio is Closed Source and the developer has no plans to provide the source code.

Thanks for the reply.
Then let’s hope they make a linux port…

I hope they consider using Qt instead of C#(Mono) in the future. No more worries about multi-platform.

Seem to that there will be no Linux support what belongs to external tools like Studio. I think that at now days it would quite simple task to convert to Linux environment if there is good will to do that.

And seems at least in my observation that more power will put for iOS and Windows platforms. They will probaply never say (Cocos ) this in load that Linux is not their enviroments where programmers would work during development phase.

Until now, there’s no plan to release a Linux version, maybe you can try this Successfully Running on Linux (v3.10)

Hi @xiexin, the instruction given does not seem to work with Cocos Studio 3.10. I always run into errors whatever I try.
I would be great to at least have Cocos.Tool.exe running on Linux.

Would giving access to the sources for that tool something that you’d consider? (or providing a Linux version of course).
I’m guessing it would not be a lot of work to port it to Linux.
Thanks!

The only reason why I do not use Cocos framework because the Cocos Studio, does not work in Linux.

I tried all combinations for version 3.10: wine 1.8-1.9, crossover 15.0.1, Mono, .Net - nothing works!

We consider fix some bugs when usethis solution Successfully Running on Linux (v3.10), The main problem to release a Linux version, we need to create a new build system for Linux, all the c++ projects need configuration.

@adesentenac , @nasnegu video tutorial & updated instructions added. http://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/t/successfully-running-on-linux/18016/8

1 Like

@sridher Thanks so much, that works great!