Cocos Studio 2 Feedback

You’re right, it works as intended if you check automatic frame recording.

The issue I was referring to is the following, and sorry for not being more precise, i sometimes write these things on the run:
Turn auto frame recording off, add one image to a newly created node, manually create a frame at position 0, then click on position 5 and manually add another frame, now while on position 5 click on the properties tab, and select visibility off, now click on position 10, add a new frame, and select visibility on.
To me, the result is that the sprite is on along the entire animations, it doesnt really register the changes to the frames. It only register global changes.

If auto frame is on, i never need to click add frame and it works like cake on happy evening. :confused:
But only if.

Thanks for the solution. However if I want to add listener to animating object like this I have to add it to all ones? Only thing which comes to my mind is to group them in one object and animate there.

You can see two of my posts above (link here: Cocos Studio 2 Feedback) to know how to set Visible and Opacity to a Node (or Sprite etc.)

Your posts talk about having auto frame on, my posts were about having auto frame off…

As i said with autoframe on everything works as intended.
Only thing i cant get working with auto frame on, is flipping the sprite. again it only register global changes.

@iQD @makalele
a simpler way of creating frame animation in CocoStudio

select all the frame and right on it and then click on Create Serial Frame

4 Likes

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:

Yeah, thx, But unfortunately not usable for me, as I need different timings for each frame…

Okay one question. It’s strange noone asked that before. Why all animations are on the same timeline? I mean why are they playing all together? I want to to play animation for specified sprite when I want touch (not all).

And I’m getting just one timeline and dunno how to use it to play animation for particular sprite. Only solution which comes to my mind is to make animation for first sprite on for example frames 0-60, for second 61-120 etc. But that’s dirty hack. And also not possible to use in my situation: I have few sprites with animations and multitouch feature so user can play more than just one.

Try to getTimelines() i’m not sure but it is one for each object, then create a new ActionTimeline with just the timelines that you want.

Hi, I have a scene made in 2.0.5 version and im using the 3.3 final version. I try to open the scene MainScene.csb like the post of Ruben1Nov '14 above.

auto rootNode = CSLoader::createNode(“MainScene.csb”);
addChild(rootNode);

cocostudio::timeline::ActionTimeline *timeline = CSLoader::createTimeline(“MainScene.csb”);

rootNode->runAction(timeline);
timeline->gotoFrameAndPlay(0, 20, true);

I have the images used in my scene and the .csb scene file in the resources folder of the project, but Visual Studio cant find the .csb file:

Assertion Failed! Expression: FileUtils::getInstance()->isFileExist(fullPath)

What I’m doing wrong?

@panor

try Resources not res directory or use addSearchPath to add res directory.

@El_Jorge

I tried that and it’s playing all sprites anyway…

Thanks for the answer @piotrros,

I did copy/paste of the “res” folder generated by cocostudio and paste it in the Resources folder of the project. I tried outside this folder too but the same result…

Must I have to copy the whole content generated by cocostudio and put it in resources of the project or only the “res” folder?

@panor
What IDE are you using? If you’re using xcode you have to add these files to xcode project (drag & drop them). On visual studio while working with win8.1-universal project I didn’t have to do this, but on wp8-xaml I needed to copy them to assets.
For second question res folder contains all what’s needed.

I Can Not Find The Data Cruncher in Cocos Studio 2!! ???(mac version)

I think you are creating many anims in the same big thing, like a scene or whatever.
go to create new-> Node. and make one anim there, in the ‘node’. Then create another new node, and make another anim there. You’ll have files like spriteName1.csd, spriteName2.csd, then just drag n’ drop them into the scene you want to use them.
that way you just add the ‘nodes’ to the final scene and they are independant.
Its how cocos handles it in the examples that comes with CStudio.

Good luck.

But that should be made better.
It’s more logic if you create one node for example a hero which could has more than one animation. Walk, Run, Jump, Hit, …
If I really need to create hero_walk hero_run hero_jump and replace them by source code that’s a bit of a pain.

Yeah the animation system needs upgrades, as does the studio in general, that’s a given.
I was actually talking to a dev about that the other day.(the limitations)
I mean its all about efficiency and organization, the technology is already there.

I honestly don’t know how much of a priority ‘Cocos Studio’ is for the coco2d team.

Thanks for the reply @mkalele I’m using Visual Studio with win8.1 and cocostudio 2.0.6.

I have the res folder into resources of the project,

I hope Cocos Studio and Cocos.com is a big project of chukong/cocos2d-x. A better integration and more meaningful integration would be perfect. Maybe we could get some hints what the plan is for the future? ^^

1 Like

Ok. Here’s my little list of things that doesn’t work right:

1. setAnchorPoint, scale (didn’t check other ones) is broken on mac. Looks like it’s not saving all data. On windows it works fine.
    Solution: you have to re-type the same values you set in cocostudio in your code.
  2. Again on mac: sprite sheet packer has a bug - try to pack few sprites with image gap 0,00px and you will eventually see in game that on the top side there’s 1 pixel line from other sprite. Didn’t test on windows.
    Solution: set image gap at least to 1px.
  3. Cocos studio occasionally crashes on both windows and mac.
    Solution: None :smiley: